• The KillerFrogs

What are you watching since COVID19 shut down live sports?

Eight

Turner Classic Movie Channel (TCM) is loading their schedule with great movies.

This week all of Steve McQueen's movies (started with Bullitt on Sunday); lots of Navy-themed war movies all this week...with Dr Strangelove thrown into the mix.

And, John Wayne classics thrown in ("The Quiet Man")

bullitt is greatness, they showing the sand pebbles? maybe steve can go ashore and head this [ Finebaum ] off before it ever really gets started.

dr. strangleove was so far ahead of its time.

4 Oaks Frog

Just finished with The Expanse on Amazon Prime. It's a futuristic sci-fy series. It's excellent.

Also watched The Outlaw Josey Wales last night with my son. You can't go wrong with Clint. Some of the best one liners ever in that movie.
Find and watch KELLY’S HEROS. A very fun Eastwood movie. The Donald Sutherland character, Odd Ball, is one of all time favorites.
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

MTfrog5

Anybody else watching the series called "Alone" on Prime Video? Ten men all dropped off on the coast on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, different places in the wilderness, with just basic equipment....to see who can last the longest (and get $500,000 for his trouble). Self-filmed. In series 1, the winner lasted 56 days. Addictive.
Great show. History channel has had it on for years now. Not sure how many seasons they’ve had.

MTfrog5

For the wrestling fans, Dark Side of the Ring just debuted Season 2 with a 2 parter on Chris Benoit.

It's a rough watch, especially for those with children.
Plan on watching that. Remember watching the Monday Night Raw “tribute” to him before they knew of what exactly happened.

Mean Purple

Turner Classic Movie Channel (TCM) is loading their schedule with great movies.

This week all of Steve McQueen's movies (started with Bullitt on Sunday); lots of Navy-themed war movies all this week...with Dr Strangelove thrown into the mix.

And, John Wayne classics thrown in ("The Quiet Man")
I have the Bullitt movie poster. Dad had it and gave it me.
TCM runs some great flicks.
I got bored and took a break today to watch an episode of Laramie.
I have been on a High Chaparral kick lately. Always enjoy watching Big John just take any authority he wants. Some dude passing through and suddenly he is told he has to stay on the ranch because of some outside threat. Kinda like Counties and Cities right now.
"I realize I don't know you and we grabbed you off the road, but for now, for you own safety, you'll stay here on the High Chaparral"

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

- “Dave” on FX/Hulu. It’s a sitcom by the (satirical) rapper Lil’ Dicky. Very funny. Not appropriate for mixed company.
- “The Son” on AMC/Hulu. Early Texas story dealing with the interactions of whites/Mexicans/Indians
- Just started Tiger King
- Halfway through a ZZ Top documentary on Netflix
- “Big Cat Story” on Smithsonian if you like nature docs. It’s also good if you’re looking for something to watch with the kids (so long as you don’t mind the kids seeing a bunch of lions breeding and killing prey).

MTfrog5

- “Dave” on FX/Hulu. It’s a sitcom by the (satirical) rapper Lil’ Dicky. Very funny. Not appropriate for mixed company.
- “The Son” on AMC/Hulu. Early Texas story dealing with the interactions of whites/Mexicans/Indians
- Just started Tiger King
- Halfway through a ZZ Top documentary on Netflix
- “Big Cat Story” on Smithsonian if you like nature docs. It’s also good if you’re looking for something to watch with the kids (so long as you don’t mind the kids seeing a bunch of lions breeding and killing prey).
How’s the ZZ Top documentary? Hip Hop evolution is also pretty interesting and fun to watch if you’re into that kind of music.