• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Horny 4 Life

What an athlete. Lost him way too young.

I love old Clemente clips! One of my favorite things as a young baseball fan/player growing up in southwestern PA was listening to the older folks tell their Roberto tales. Everybody who attended a Pirates game while Roberto played has a tale about him throwing somebody out with a miraculous throw. It was almost like every opposing player only hit the ball to Roberto and Roberto threw them all out.

nwlafrog

Leap Frog sounds like a badarse.

Sorry you’re losing you’re grandpa, but be content in the fact that he lived a long happy life and left a strong legacy.

Thank you, Ron. I have been praying for you bud. It’s been on my mind heavy.

Leap is incredible. A seriously stubborn hardarse and a very good man. Funny thing looking back now, I remember being in little league at the end of it, damn near going to HS and he refused to pitch over hand to me, he insisted on soft tossing underhand and letting my grandmother run them down (glove in hand) she threw some lasers! On occasion he’d throw at me and want me to charge the field/mound which was actually just a big open field that wasn’t an established plot of land behind his house. This dude in his prime was around 6’4 maybe more before gravity took its toll. Absolute unit (and I don’t use the term absolute unit lightly). He would throw at people for fun during games for psychological baseball warfare.

He has more Aggie jokes and Aggie antics that he participated in than I can recall.

I’ll add my favorite to the next post bc I’m a like Briles. I’m sure I’ll post more at a later date.

Last edited:

nwlafrog

My favorite story was when he went to a game (idk the year at Aggie) but for this story it was the year before, and he got yelled at while walking to a game at TA&M and an Aggie threatened him and then some for walking on their sacred grass.

The following season, he and several buddies waited in the bushes for the aggies to step off of the sidewalk and touch the grass near their hiding spot. They jumped out and beat the crap out of them as payback. I have his friends’ names memorized. It’s one of his favorite stories that he has told many times.

times were different back then, but the stories are hilarious nonetheless.

Last edited:

nwlafrog

@nwlafrog Sorry to hear that, bud. Losing a grandpa sucks and is about the worst thing a man will go through. I lost one on Jan 2 and my other in Dec of 18. For 40 years I had both and in 13 months I had neither. I called my grandma the other day and even though it's been 18 months we both had a big cry. Miss him every day and that won't be any different for you.

These two songs are in a loop in my head a few times a day. They give me the sads but I always finish my pity party with my best memories of them and it always puts me in a good mood.

Thanks, brother. I play guitar and I think I’ll look up the notes to the Riley Green song.

Last edited: