• The KillerFrogs

Penn Live: Which are richest and poorest college football programs? New revenue figures

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Which are richest and poorest college football programs? New revenue figures for all 65 Power Five schools

By David Jones | djones@pennlive.com

Now, for the rest of the country. Yesterday we gave you revenue figures for the 14 Big Ten football programs. Here are all 65 Power Five programs, including the B1G, ranked by gross revenue during the fiscal year 07/01/18 to 06/30/19. That means these numbers reflect the 2018 football season and the following spring.

The data was just released by the U.S. Department of Education which requires mandatory annual filings through the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act.

In a few cases, the manner in which schools report data varies from the vast majority. Those cases are noted when evident, but sometimes they are not. Such accounting caveats can create incongruities. Ultimately, we can only relay what the schools’ athletic directors report to the U.S. Department of Education as revenues and expenses.

Read more at https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatef...ue-figures-for-all-65-power-five-schools.html

Amazing, when considering that TCU's enrollment, while listed as the 7th smallest amid those

130 college programs that compose Division I FBS Football, still manages to produce the #22

highest revenue in that esteem group....Someone is obviously doing something right! ;)

Eight

It's really saying something when a Penn State website makes the following statement:

#42 Baylor $45.6 million (+5)

Matt Rhule continued to work his witchcraft in pulling a sleaze program from the sludge.

You can't make this crap up!

not really, always easier to point out the flaws of the others than admit to your own

Atomic Frawg

Before reading the article, I'm gonna guess the top five in no particular order:

The Longwhorns
Bammy
Notre Dame
Ohio State
BYU

Now on to the article...

Virginia Frog

Amazing, when considering that TCU's enrollment, while listed as the 7th smallest amid those

130 college programs that compose Division I FBS Football, still manages to produce the #22

highest revenue in that esteem group....Someone is obviously doing something right! ;)
And #2 in the Power Five Privates (or non-Big State Universities) next to JokerDame.

froginaustin

It's really saying something when a Penn State website makes the following statement:

#42 Baylor $45.6 million (+5)

Matt Rhule continued to work his witchcraft in pulling a sleaze program from the sludge.

You can't make this crap up!

not really, always easier to point out the flaws of the others than admit to your own

The same article gets around to calling Bobby Petrino "sleazy", too. Of course he is, but a Pedo State blogger (or board or whatever this is) mentioning "sleazy" certainly reminds readers of the Sandusky matter that was even worse than sleazy.

Not to mention demonstrating a very limited vocabulary. Sort of like calling them "Pedo State" I suppose.