• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

First kid was born during Hurricane Harvey, this kid was born during Coronavirus, a historic economic collapse and my blood cancer.

We’re gonna quit having kids, for our sake and for everyone’s sake.

Here’s a few more pics of the little guy...

View attachment 6884
View attachment 6885

He didn’t like the flash in that last pic, ha

Great stories to tell. Don't forget to tell him about the time you shat your shorts at a baseball game.

nwlafrog

Leap is doing as well as he can. Very tired. Has some internal bleeding from the failed stent. He still insists on no further operations no matter what.

He did eat for my angel of a grandmother who hasn’t been able to get him to cooperate much. She was able to get him out of bed and into his chair and had his favorite music playing for him as well as his favorite news channel. Since there’s no sports and he can’t watch his Cardinals, that’s all he has. He did eat for her today, although I can’t remember what it was. I think it was sweet potatoes and some type of soup.

Awaiting hospice to reach out after trying to reach them. They have received his information from his physicians, but they didn’t get around to calling back. I’m assuming because of the Covid-19 deal. Just a small update. That’s all that I have.

I had some moments yesterday where I was angry. He is an amazing man. He pitched in the cardinals organization in his prime. He has survived an aneurism, cancer, disease without care as a child where he was bed ridden. Orphaned, you name it. He made it happen. I was angry because my grandad was just quitting. My wife and my dad talked to me and I had to set myself straight. It’s his right, his dignity, and he knows what’s to come. I’m not trying to sound selfish but I just don’t want to lose my grandad. Coping and dealing with a loss affects people different.

I’ve watched my childhood best friend turn into a vegetable and live off of life support for the last 11 years, my grandmother slowly pass painfully from Parkinson’s, dementia, and strokes, my grandfather from dementia and pneumonia.... Leap was there in person just a month ago while I was a pallbearer. I can’t help but think that he doesn’t want that for us to see something drag out.

My wife brought up the fact that I have papers with my attorney that state that I don’t want to be kept alive by life support or prolong the inevitable and that Leap and I are the same. I can’t argue that... It just sucks.

This [ Finebaum ] hurts

We all understand the life cycle. God is the creator. We come from dirt and we return to it, but, I never really thought for a second that my grandads would die as crazy as it sounds. Hell, I’m about to be 30 and it never crossed my mind. I guess I just for some crazy reason thought that they lived forever and all the memories and stories that came with it. It never crossed my mind.

My grandmother is a Seneca-Cayuga-Wayandot Indian and Leap is a second generation Scotch Irish immigrant. He is the American dream. She is tough on him and as of today he is cooperating a bit for the time being.

ShreveFrog is rock solid.....On the outside. Same with TopFrog.

I’ve had some fire water so please excuse misspellings or rambling.

Edit: fun fact - I’m the last to be able to be claimed by the tribe and carry an Iroquois nation tribal identification card. Leap diluted our bloodline too much lol. And my cousin Koda Glover is the only Native American professional baseball player in recent years to be called up to THE SHOW. We’ve got that going for us!

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

Leap is doing as well as he can. Very tired. Has some internal bleeding from the failed stent. He still insists on no further operations no matter what.

He did eat for my angel of a grandmother who hasn’t been able to get him to cooperate much. She was able to get him out of bed and into his chair and had his favorite music playing for him as well as his favorite news channel. Since there’s no sports and he can’t watch his Cardinals, that’s all he has. He did eat for her today, although I can’t remember what it was. I think it was sweet potatoes and some type of soup.

Awaiting hospice to reach out after trying to reach them. They have received his information from his physicians, but they didn’t get around to calling back. I’m assuming because of the Covid-19 deal. Just a small update. That’s all that I have.

I had some moments yesterday where I was angry. He is an amazing man. He pitched in the cardinals organization in his prime. He has survived an aneurism, cancer, disease without care as a child where he was bed ridden. Orphaned, you name it. He made it happen. I was angry because my grandad was just quitting. My wife and my dad talked to me and I had to set myself straight. It’s his right, his dignity, and he knows what’s to come. I’m not trying to sound selfish but I just don’t want to lose my grandad. Coping and dealing with a loss affects people different.

I’ve watched my childhood best friend turn into a vegetable and live off of life support for the last 11 years, my grandmother slowly pass painfully from Parkinson’s, dementia, and strokes, my grandfather from dementia and pneumonia.... Leap was there in person just a month ago while I was a pallbearer. I can’t help but think that he doesn’t want that for us to see something drag out.

My wife brought up the fact that I have papers with my attorney that state that I don’t want to be kept alive by life support or prolong the inevitable and that Leap and I are the same. I can’t argue that... It just sucks.

This [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] hurts

We all understand the life cycle. God is the creator. We come from dirt and we return to it, but, I never really thought for a second that my grandads would die as crazy as it sounds. Hell, I’m about to be 30 and it never crossed my mind. I guess I just for some crazy reason thought that they lived forever and all the memories and stories that came with it. It never crossed my mind.

My grandmother is a Seneca-Cayuga-Wayandot Indian and Leap is a second generation Scotch Irish immigrant. He is the American dream. She is tough on him and as of today he is cooperating a bit for the time being.

ShreveFrog is rock solid.....On the outside. Same with TopFrog.

I’ve had some fire water so please excuse misspellings or rambling.

sorry to hear all that, nwla. T&P of course. Hope you get to enjoy your remaining time with him.

tcudoc

My father died after heart surgery. He never woke up and died from a bad surgical complication.
I had the peace of mind when I had to withdraw care that he told me the night before surgery that he did not want to be kept alive by machines or have a miserable life. He had led a very full life with good health and few limitations up until a few weeks before surgery. He was content.
That certainly made a difficult decision much easier when they told us his chance for any meaningful recovery was near zero a few days later in the ICU. I was completely at peace with what we had to do because of the conversation we had just had.
I hope you can find some peace in knowing that you are all following his wishes.

@nwlafrog Sorry to hear that, bud. Losing a grandpa sucks and is about the worst thing a man will go through. I lost one on Jan 2 and my other in Dec of 18. For 40 years I had both and in 13 months I had neither. I called my grandma the other day and even though it's been 18 months we both had a big cry. Miss him every day and that won't be any different for you.

These two songs are in a loop in my head a few times a day. They give me the sads but I always finish my pity party with my best memories of them and it always puts me in a good mood.

Stay hard, Kenny Rogers

Beat me to it. Man, this one hurts. Texas legend. The great Brady Hawkes is gone. Talk about the soundtrack of my youth. Probably the best duet vocalist of his generation. His version of Bob Seger's We've Got Tonight with Sheena Easton is perfection.

This is my favorite song of his. Loved this movie. This is where young Phormer fell in love with Diane Lane. Erin Gray was pretty hot as well. Also had Anthony Michael Hall, Uncle Bud and Chuck Woolery.

froginmn

Beat me to it. Man, this one hurts. Texas legend. The great Brady Hawkes is gone. Talk about the soundtrack of my youth. Probably the best duet vocalist of his generation. His version of Bob Seger's We've Got Tonight with Sheena Easton is perfection.

This is my favorite song of his. Loved this movie. This is where young Phormer fell in love with Diane Lane. Erin Gray was pretty hot as well. Also had Anthony Michael Hall, Uncle Bud and Chuck Woolery.

Yeah I'm a big fan of classic country (listen to lots of eclectic music but keep coming back to Willie's Roadhouse on XM Radio) and also a fan of ballads.

Kenny has had lots of good ballads and I am a big fan. Always knew that this day was coming, but damn.

RIP