• The KillerFrogs

OT - Can't get a drink, best place to grab eats?

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
So, Fort Worth just bowed to pressure and forced all my favorite pubs and restaurants to close.

Not interested in debating the decision. It is what it is.

What I am interested in, is recommendations for quality restaurants providing curbside pickup (or deliver) with food that makes the travel home well. Think $$, $$$, not Whataburger vs. In And Out.

If you'd kindly share your experiences in this new normal, it'd be much appreciated.
Heard Bonnells and Waters changed up the menu to help with orders and curbside service. More family style type food. ~$40 feeds 4. Think it's a great idea in this time of need.

flyfishingfrog

So, Fort Worth just bowed to pressure and forced all my favorite pubs and restaurants to close.

Not interested in debating the decision. It is what it is.

What I am interested in, is recommendations for quality restaurants providing curbside pickup (or deliver) with food that makes the travel home well. Think $$, $$$, not Whataburger vs. In And Out.

If you'd kindly share your experiences in this new normal, it'd be much appreciated.
Jon Bonnell is creating $40 for 4 people to go dinners at his higher end restaurants (Waters, Bonnells) - which is a great deal for the quality of food they generally serve

sorry saw that LandFrog beat me to it

Eight

Don’t eat seafood. Never even thought about ordering a steak to go before. Do they even do that normally? Can’t imagine that would be any good.

quite frankly, i can not even imagine ordering a steak to go because it might be the simplest food to make at home that people buy at a restaurant.

now that i think about it i can't remember the last time i chose to buy a steak out.

key is the quality of the cut of meat.

sides are a different matter for some, but that might be grounds to get someone deported from texas if they can't cook a steak at home

Brog

Got an email from B&B Butchers and Michael's Cuisine about their curbside services. Can't go wrong with either, unless of course you end up with the corona.

You can get a great hamburger from B&B for about $18.00, and their $21.00 salads are to die for. Their $35.00 filets may be a little beyond my reach.

I feel awful for the bars who can't provide curbside service. A buddy owns The Post at River East on Race St. It's a great venue. Staff is awesome. They have great food but in a limited capacity. I've known the guy for a long time and he's grinded away for years playing, managing and booking bands, running production companies, managing bars. Finally gets his chance and in less than a year his dreams are taken out by a China virus.

Brog

I feel awful for the bars who can't provide curbside service. A buddy owns The Post at River East on Race St. It's a great venue. Staff is awesome. They have great food but in a limited capacity. I've known the guy for a long time and he's grinded away for years playing, managing and booking bands, running production companies, managing bars. Finally gets his chance and in less than a year his dreams are taken out by a China virus.

Gasp! You said "China" virus! Look for the NYTimes and WashingtonPost to be tracking you down.

Frog-in-law1995

my-internal-reaction-to-a-good-rreactiongif-idea-32409.gif