• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Horny 4 Life

I would suggest going to less popular grocery stores or places like CVS or Walgreens if you need stuff. My wife went to HEB this morning and it was a madhouse. She forgot something and stopped in CVS real quick on the way home and said it was completely void of people and their shelves were fully stocked.

My sister went shopping at Foodarama, which I haven’t been to since I was probably in 8th grade and she said it was fully stocked with no extra people.

100% this. I was kind of bored today and needed to get out of the house, so I did a bit of sociological research. I hit up some out of the way/lower income stores and most of them had full shelves of TP/Paper Towels/Sanitizer/water/etc. Some were fully stocked while others looked like they were experiencing normal traffic.

Horny 4 Life

It's been a week full of sickness (the wife, 3 year old, and 5 month old all had the flu) and stress at our house. Thankfully, everyone seems to be on the mend.

Tonight I got the word that both of my bourbon barrel picks in Kentucky were cancelled thanks to Corona, so that sucked as well.

So, I had me a couple Irish whiskey drinks tonight to get a head start on St. Patrick's Day.
89760855_10102863522055824_8067134564092346368_o.jpg

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

Any other fans of The Wire start yelling “got that pandemic!!” like the young hoppers on the corner, every time you hear the word on TV? Maybe it’s just me.
I haven’t watched that series since it came out, which had to be like 15 years ago now (?), and I barely remember anything. I’m guessing I could rewatch the whole thing and it would be like watching a new series.

EDIT: Actually, that’s a great idea while I’m laid up in isolation for 2 to 3 weeks. I’m sure I’m gonna run out of stuff to watch.

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

Stopped by Winco this a.m. to get chickens and ribs for my upcoming competitions. The lines are so long they are snaking through almost every aisle. We need a fire marshal and some common sense.

Horny 4 Life

I’m pretty sure people are buying 17 packages of toilet paper not because they’re afraid of a shortage or that they’ll be holed up at home all summer, but so they don’t have to wait in these damn lines again.

nonetheless, I’m judging everyone with multiple toilet paper packages in their cart.

I'm the curious type, so I've been out observing behavior at the stores and every store around here has started rationing things like TP, sanitizer, cleaning supplies, canned goods, rice, etc.

tcudoc

Holy boat, that was a long journey... I'm caught up now. I thought for a minute that my Coronavirus and sporting events thread might become the next HASMSP, but then TXFrog1999 moved it and created his own Covid thread. Seems like that one is about to supplant this one.

Glad to be back, though.

giphy.gif
Welcome back. We’re just repeating stories and jokes again for the third and fourth times.