• The KillerFrogs

2020 Baseball Season Thread

PurpleBlood87

No fans allowed at TCU home games until April 3.

COVID-19 and Upcoming Contests

In following university policy of no public events on campus due to the evolving COVID-19 situation, and consistent with recent Big 12 and NCAA decisions, all TCU home athletics events until April 3 are closed to fans and available only to essential personnel and a limited number of family members of participating student-athletes.

The list includes home baseball games versus Maryland (March 13-15), Sam Houston State (March 17) and Oklahoma (March 27-29). The March 13 and March 28 baseball games versus Maryland and Oklahoma, respectively, will be televised on FOX Sports Southwest Plus, while the March 29 Oklahoma contest can be seen on ESPNU. Non-televised baseball games are available through a free stream on GoFrogs.com and the Riff Ram app.

Baseball Ticket Refund or Exchange Information

Single-game ticket purchasers may exchange their tickets for a future date after April 3. Season-ticket holders will receive credit for the number of games restricted, and more information will be communicated as the final number of games impacted becomes available.

Questions can be directed to the Parrish Family Athletics Ticket Office at 817-257-3764 (FROG) or tickets@tcu.edu.

During this time, TCU teams will continue to practice and compete while following university protocol when it comes to travel with only essential personnel.

Further updates regarding the impact of COVID-19 on TCU Athletics events will be posted on GoFrogs.com as well as communicated through Twitter (@TCU_Athletics).

Click Here for general updates regarding the TCU community.

tcumaniac

If this had to happen, wish it would have occurred one of these past few seasons.

Was looking like we had a pretty exciting ball club this year. Pretty devastating news.

Here are seniors we may never see play for TCU again:
Zach Humphreys
Charles King
Haylen Green
Austin Henry
Hunter Wolfe
Conner Shepherd
Gene Wood
Dalton Brown

Makes me a little sick to my stomach.

MTfrog5

If this had to happen, wish it would have occurred one of these past few seasons.

Was looking like we had a pretty exciting ball club this year. Pretty devastating news.

Here are seniors we may never see play for TCU again:
Zach Humphreys
Charles King
Haylen Green
Austin Henry
Hunter Wolfe
Conner Shepherd
Gene Wood
Dalton Brown

Makes me a little sick to my stomach.
They are getting another year. Will be interesting who takes that extra year.

GenXFrog

Going to create quite a mess, and I have no confidence in the NCAA to handle things the right way. Interesting free article from Kendall Rogers that touches on some of the issues that will be face:

https://d1baseball.com/featured/ncaa-clear-in-wanting-relief-for-spring-athletes/

"Any player who participated in a spring sport would be granted an additional year of eligibility."

Would be great if they did this for Winter sports who's championships were also impacted.

Our Women's Basketball team deserves better.

Also, I could stand another year of Bane.