• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘He’s never had a bad day.’ TCU’s Bane leaving more than just a basketball legacy

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
‘He’s never had a bad day.’ TCU’s Bane leaving more than just a basketball legacy

By Drew Davison

TCU senior guard Desmond Bane has already etched his name in the history books.

He ranks third on the Horned Frogs’ all-time scoring list with 1,744 points and has a chance to join the 1,800-point club, which has been done only twice in program history by Darrell Browder (1,886 points from 1980-83) and Corey Santee (1,832 points from 2002-05).

Bane’s next 3-pointer will make him the school’s 3-point king, breaking a tie with Santee for most all-time at 243. He’s also on track to break JD Miller’s record of games played (140) and is just the second player to log more than 4,200 minutes in his TCU career along with Browder.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article240937301.html#storylink=cpy

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I was getting my hair cut a while back before going to the gym. Had a TCU t-shirt on. The lady cutting my hair all the sudden says “Woo Hoo, Go Frogs!” Since most people here think TCU stands for Teachers Credit Union, I was kind of shocked. I asked how she knew about TCU and she said she was a big fan because a good friend of her had a son playing at TCU. She said he was a Desmond Blaine. She raved about what a good kid he has always been and what a good family he came from. She said he couldn’t say enough good things about TCU and The Fort.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I was getting my hair cut a while back before going to the gym. Had a TCU t-shirt on. The lady cutting my hair all the sudden says “Woo Hoo, Go Frogs!” Since most people here think TCU stands for Teachers Credit Union, I was kind of shocked. I asked how she knew about TCU and she said she was a big fan because a good friend of her had a son playing at TCU. She said he was a Desmond Blaine. She raved about what a good kid he has always been and what a good family he came from. She said he couldn’t say enough good things about TCU and The Fort.

or Bane...

Wog68

Winchester, IN (which is 20 miles north of Dez Banes' home town of Richmond and is a much larger school than Seton Catholic) has a 6'9" junior center named Payton Sparks who can do it all ( Has great hands, can shoot 3's, post up, pass, and shoot free throws). Has gotten several MAC offers already. Desmond could easily help get this guy.

Last edited: