• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

HG73

Watched it last night. Give it a solid 7/10. Entertaining but the Ford guys were painfully predictable stereotypes. Also thought Matt Damon probably wasn't the perfect choice. He's good in virtually everything, so it was fine, but not the perfect choice. Bale was remarkable as always
Agree completely. Bale was terrific, the always dependable Damon was miscast. Saw it twice. Even better was a documentary (can't recall the name) on Netflix or Amazon (can't remember which) that was more technical and went into much greater detail about the cars and men.
I'm not a big car guy and wasn't excited about this movie but was very pleasantly surprised.

Chongo94

Had several flights the last few weeks. Here's the rundown of movies:

Jojo Rabbit - Awesome. Instantly one of my favorite movies.

Joker - JP was amazing. High quality flick.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - Pitt was great. Not sure why he was listed as the supporting actor. Overall, average with a really good ending.

Mr Rogers or whatever it's called - Solid

A Quiet Place - Held my attention fornthe entire time. Looking forward to the sequel.

LOVED JoJo. Amazing how that movie could swing from humorous to poignant so quickly. Also amazed me at how often it made me ponder the lives some lived back then.

jake102

LOVED JoJo. Amazing how that movie could swing from humorous to poignant so quickly. Also amazed me at how often it made me ponder the lives some lived back then.

What gets me when in Germany is speaking to people and the odds are good their ancestors or living relatives were Nazis. I’m always reminded of it when watching a Nazi based movie. Obviously not all Nazis were Hitler/terrible but still. What a legacy for generations

Eight

What gets me when in Germany is speaking to people and the odds are good their ancestors or living relatives were Nazis. I’m always reminded of it when watching a Nazi based movie. Obviously not all Nazis were Hitler/terrible but still. What a legacy for generations

two things, first as you mention not every german was a nazi and a fair number went along for fear of reprisal. that is something they had to live with, but they are far from the only country in europe that has to life with such a legacy.

stalin's russia at times was equally as brutal and we aren't quite sure of the number of individuals killed by stalin's regime because we don't have access to the records.

i would suggest the book dynamo about the soccer club dynamo kiev if you want to get the perspective of jews who lived under the reign of the nazi's and stalin's russia

Chongo94

Alright, so I watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood today and this might be an unpopular take, but what a massively overrated movie.

The ending was decent but getting there, what a beating.

Ron Swanson

It definitely was not a good movie in the traditional sense where you are just exhilarated by the storyline the entire time. It was well-acted and the characters were intriguing though. And then the end was pretty cool.

If I’m being completely honest, I kind of felt like maybe I missed some deeper meaning or something.

tcudoc

It definitely was not a good movie in the traditional sense where you are just exhilarated by the storyline the entire time. It was well-acted and the characters were intriguing though. And then the end was pretty cool.

If I’m being completely honest, I kind of felt like maybe I missed some deeper meaning or something.
It created an opportunity for Hollywood to tell us to be better humans, like they are.

HFrog1999

I was watching Moonraker yesterday (my least favorite Bond movie).

I remember thinking as a kid that it was a ridiculous premise for some rich guy to have his own private space program

tenor.gif

Froglaw

I watched the trilogy last weekend of:

Unbreakable
Split
Glass

Did not realise that it was based on a DC comic book series. All three movies had their moments.

Not a bad rainy day series.

talor

Watched the platform on netflix. Has good IMDB and rotten tomatoes ratings, but the girlfriend and I did not like it. It's gory and gross, but very very unique. I dont regret watching but will not watch again ever.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
two things, first as you mention not every german was a nazi and a fair number went along for fear of reprisal. that is something they had to live with, but they are far from the only country in europe that has to life with such a legacy.

stalin's russia at times was equally as brutal and we aren't quite sure of the number of individuals killed by stalin's regime because we don't have access to the records.

i would suggest the book dynamo about the soccer club dynamo kiev if you want to get the perspective of jews who lived under the reign of the nazi's and stalin's russia

I believe Mao killed more people than Hitler and Stalin together and Stalin had more people killed than Hitler.