• The KillerFrogs

Frogs v KU

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Was it over when the nazis bombed Pearl Harbor? No. And it's not over now. Let's see how this plays out. Whole lot of time left and we're not giving up.

PurpleBlood87

Didn't have much chance tonight - those losses two Texas plus losses to Iowa State and Oklahoma State are looming large. Would be nice not to have to play on first day of the tournament. But beat OU and that will happen.

Rose Bowl

Call me silly but I think we played pretty well. A little surprised with the way we tried to defend Azubuike but it seemed the stripes might have had something to do with it. If we don’t go cold for about 5 minutes in the second half we would have been there at the end. Had we played this way on the road all season our record would be much better.

CountryFrog

Disappointing to see Samuel get totally dominated in both games against KU. Azubukie is a really good player obviously but it just shows how much more Kevin needs to improve to get to the level he wants to be at.

Overall though there's no way you can be disappointed with this game. The guys fought and played really well, they were just over matched, especially inside. The encouraging thing (somewhat) is that other than their center, we played Kansas really well for 80 minutes this season.

MTfrog5

Tough deal that KS has 4 total points vs KU this season. This has to change moving forward for us to take that next jump
Needs to get tougher against bigs like azibuke. Thought we played pretty well tonight though. They went on a 15-1 run and we lost by 9. Would love to see us upset a couple teams and make a run in the conference tourney. Like what was said already, we play like that on the road all year, we probably have 2-3 more wins.

Double D

Tier 1
With all the transfers in college basketball these days, I wonder if TCU will ever have a full roster. Seems like TCU is always playing with a short bench. It would be nice to roll out a full team some time. I think if Dixon could get a full squad, TCU could have a great team. Also, can we get a dominant big man? TCU can play with anyone, just seems to run out of players at times.

CountryFrog

If we can somehow bottle up the way we've played these last two games and do that going forward then we can beat OU and make a run to at least the semis in the Big 12 tourney.

I don't think we have any of those kinds of bottles though. They transferred out last year.

4th. down

Disappointing to see Samuel get totally dominated in both games against KU. Azubukie is a really good player obviously but it just shows how much more Kevin needs to improve to get to the level he wants to be at.

Overall though there's no way you can be disappointed with this game. The guys fought and played really well, they were just over matched, especially inside. The encouraging thing (somewhat) is that other than their center, we played Kansas really well for 80 minutes this season.

Yep, we've become scrappy when we want to play and we wanted to play tonight. We are just weak in the paint. Samuel will be back next year, he's not ready for the NBA.......by a wide margin, but he will be better next year just like he's better this year than last.

I'm off of bemoaning Dixon, he's got this makeshift team playing to their utmost potential and that's all he can do. Recruit and we will eventually be up close to the top.

MTfrog5

With all the transfers in college basketball these days, I wonder if TCU will ever have a full roster. Seems like TCU is always playing with a short bench. It would be nice to roll out a full team some time. I think if Dixon could get a full squad, TCU could have a great team. Also, can we get a dominant big man? TCU can play with anyone, just seems to run out of players at times.
I’d be shocked if anyone left. The team is playing really hard even after season was basically over. Think this group has bought in to the team aspect.

CountryFrog

Yep, we've become scrappy when we want to play and we wanted to play tonight. We are just weak in the paint. Samuel will be back next year, he's not ready for the NBA.......by a wide margin, but he will be better next year just like he's better this year than last.

I'm off of bemoaning Dixon, he's got this makeshift team playing to their utmost potential and that's all he can do. Recruit and we will eventually be up close to the top.
Kevin is nowhere near ready for the NBA. There are other pro leagues out there though so you never know what these 18-22 year olds are going to do.

Really hope he stays 4 years though and keeps getting better. He's definitely a better player this year than he was last year.

TooColdU

Azubukie is a 7-0, 270 lb senior who was a McDonalds, Jordan, and Nike all star. LED KU to final four as a sophomore.
KS is a soph and on a steep learning curve as far as I’m concerned. He has improved in so many ways from last year. I’m glad we’ve got him.

It’s crazy how Azubuike is 2-years younger than Samuel.

Rose Bowl

Samuel isn’t even in the same stratosphere as Azubuike. He doesn’t have the skill or strength plus his hands aren’t very good. Big Kevin brings a defensive presence that we need and any offense we get is icing. Plus we don’t run an offense that features our center.