Jeff Harp

Bill Swanson

Mickey McCarty

James Kerth

Carey Sloan

Tom Swift

Tommy Gowan

Les Bradley
Actually, it was Randy Kerth. You left out the manager, Rick Hosea (ricksterH to many). When he died, Hosea willed me his "Elite 8 ring". He was a Marine officer after he graduated.

purpleshades

In the afterglow of our glorious win Saturday I started reminiscing. Who are your favorites ?
1. Darrell Browder
2. Carven Holcombe
3. Desmond Bane
Honorable Mention
1. Chudi Cinweze
1. Kenny Hustle
2. Desmond Bane
3. Hank Thorns

keep in mind my list is from 03 to present. I won’t include anyone I didn’t see play.

Eight

The night that happened, my father was called to write an article about Frevert. He called one of Larry's teammates and told them he had been murdered. The first thing the teammate said "was he at the Davis Mansion?"

umm.....why would larry frevert have been at the davis mansion in 1976 when he was still in high school in the kansas city area and didn't come to tcu until 1977?

pretty sure larry became a doctor and wasn't murdered at the mansion, but that could be me just being confused by race horse haynes defense tactics

Last edited:

PurpleBlood87

umm.....why would larry frevert have been at the davis mansion in 1976 when he was still in high school in the kansas city area and didn't come to tcu until 1977?

pretty sure larry becamse a doctor and wasn't murdered at the mansion, but that could me just being confused by race horse haynes defense tactics

I was thinking about Stan Farr. Totally confused. Sorry.

Billy Clyde

1. Jamie Dixon - one of 70,000 people who witnessed the shot. Frog fan for life.

2. Kurt Thomas - great player, and Geology classmate. Good dude.

3. Dennis Nutt - hung out with me and roomy in the dorm room at Killingsworth basketball camp. Taught me how to annoy the room below us with a wire hanger and a glass bottle.

Honorable mention for Penny just for one amazing dunk. Killer for being a good coach and neighbor, and Tubbs for saying hello and buying appetizers on free app night.

What was crazy about that shot, in addition to the stakes of the game, was the situational play. I'm not sure people who weren't at the game and have only seen replay could even imagine it.
UT had a foul to give, I think there were 4 seconds left in the game, and so all they had to do was let TCU inbound the ball, run a couple of seconds off the clock, and foul, and the game would be over without us ever getting off a shot.
My roommate and I were down low on the side where Jamie took the inbounds, closest to the UT goal. I swear Jamie looked like Earl Campbell shedding a tackler, and still maintaining his dribble, when UT was obviously fouling him.
Refs didn't call it, and the rest is history. But TBH, if I were a UT fan I'd have been losing my mind that the foul wasn't called. Should probably have ended the game right there. Think we probably would have been taking the ball out on the side at midcourt with under 2 seconds left. And you know about Jamie and inbounds plays. . .

Horned Toad

Can’t name just three:

Darrell Browder
Carven Holcombe
Jamie Dixon
Kurt Thomas
James Penny
Lee Nailon
Corey Santee
Kyan Anderson
Vladimir Brodziansky
Kenrich Williams
Alex Robinson
Desmond Bane
PJ Fuller

Horned Toad

1. Jamie Dixon - one of 70,000 people who witnessed the shot. Frog fan for life.

2. Kurt Thomas - great player, and Geology classmate. Good dude.

3. Dennis Nutt - hung out with me and roomy in the dorm room at Killingsworth basketball camp. Taught me how to annoy the room below us with a wire hanger and a glass bottle.

Honorable mention for Penny just for one amazing dunk. Killer for being a good coach and neighbor, and Tubbs for saying hello and buying appetizers on free app night.
I was one of the 70,000. I still have my ticket for that game with the final score written on it to prove it. First sports head rush I ever had when Jamie sank that shot. I almost passed out from yelling so hard.