• The KillerFrogs

Texans Wire: TCU receiver Jalen Reagor hardly saw accurate passes in 2019

Chongo94

Hoping the QB position is an open competition come fall drills. Nothing should given to anyone on offense after the complete failure on that side of the ball last year. Agree that Duggan has an advantage because he played most of last season, but he shouldn't be annointed the starter just because of that. He needs to show much more improvement, and we need to see what the other QB's have to bring to the offense.

Word is Tech is gonna open up their competition this year. Wish we would as well. I love Duggan and think he will win out anyway but open it, let’s see what we have with the others.

Froggish

Hoping the QB position is an open competition come fall drills. Nothing should given to anyone on offense after the complete failure on that side of the ball last year. Agree that Duggan has an advantage because he played most of last season, but he shouldn't be annointed the starter just because of that. He needs to show much more improvement, and we need to see what the other QB's have to bring to the offense.

Agree..Outside of Barber, Wells, Wallow and Moehrig, there isn’t anyone on the team who should be a given as a starter. There’s more to being a QB than flashing potential and showing poise. Fortunately for Max, he’s going to get every opportunity to to take that next step. I hope he seizes it.

Pharm Frog

This was why I said in fall practice. I knew there couldn't be any competition during the spring practices because Duggan was the only healthy QB at this time.

If Duggan is the only healthy QB in the spring (and presumably for at least a little while after that), I don’t see how there could realistically be a true competition based on fall drills. Who’s gonna perform this LSU-like summer work if not Duggan?

Eight

If Duggan is the only healthy QB in the spring (and presumably for at least a little while after that), I don’t see how there could realistically be a true competition based on fall drills. Who’s gonna perform this LSU-like summer work if not Duggan?

i believe stephon brown will be on campus first part of he summer when he graduates from juco, but that means he only gets the summer throwing with the receivers on "their own" and then fall camp to make his case for time

Froggish

i believe stephon brown will be on campus first part of he summer when he graduates from juco, but that means he only gets the summer throwing with the receivers on "their own" and then fall camp to make his case for time
Every QB on the roster is going to starting way behind Max. Something went way wrong if Max gets beat out.

Putt4Purple

Word is Tech is gonna open up their competition this year. Wish we would as well. I love Duggan and think he will win out anyway but open it, let’s see what we have with the others.

Are you inferring it is not open? If so why do you think so? Its called competition.

Putt4Purple

The offense should improve with J. Kill improving the scheme and cohesiveness for the offense especially in the wide receiver Corps. We shall see.

As a QB, Max has proven to be a skilled runner when the situation merits. However, his ability to

orchestrate a level of proficiency in the passing phase of the game remains a work in progress.

Improvement in judgement of velocity, accuracy and distance appear to be some areas of need.

Salfrog

Tier 1

This is very true. I was hoping maybe the other QB's would be on campus early summer, but I guess that won't happen except for maybe Brown. You're right, it does take some time to develop a cohesiveness between the QB's & WR's. Still hoping though.

Froggish

As a QB, Max has proven to be a skilled runner when the situation merits. However, his ability to

orchestrate a level of proficiency in the passing phase of the game remains a work in progress.

Improvement in judgement of velocity, accuracy and distance appear to be some areas of need.

If they would have let Max run the ball before game 6 we would have made a bowl. Instead they continued to force him to play to his passing game weaknesses and handoff

Frogmore

It is hard to be open when there is no one to compete with.
It is my understanding that Baldwin is practicing. Maybe he's just not 100 percent yet with the back, but I think he participated on Friday and Saturday. I hope so and I hope he's 100 percent soon. Competition is a good thing.

Eight

It is my understanding that Baldwin is practicing. Maybe he's just not 100 percent yet with the back, but I think he participated on Friday and Saturday. I hope so and I hope he's 100 percent soon. Competition is a good thing.

so can any of you who were staring out the window at half of the basketball game confirm whether or not balwin was practicing before sharp ran you off