• The KillerFrogs

Time to fess up. How many parking tix did you (or someone you know) get while at TCU???

545E32E3-1A23-464A-9B12-4FFD27322518.jpeg So my husband just sent me the article in Blacklock’s parking tickets I don’t know why I find this so funny, but I do. Please share your parking ticket stories from your years at TCU. Ross and I can’t be the only ones!

I can’t remember how many I got before my parents threatened to kill me, but it had to have been close to 8. I’m from the 90’s - the old freshman parked in Ranch Management Days. I distinctly remember Brett Ballard ( a Kappa Sig) being a kind gentleman and helping me carry all my grocery bags back to Colby one blisteringly hot summer day. We stopped at least 2 times to rest, cuss, and laugh. I won’t name her name, but one of my friends got soooooooooooo many tickets.

What’s the going rate these days for a tickets? I remembering it being $50 when I was in school. Can anyone confirm that? Or was it $25? I just remember it seeming like a lot of money on my tiny budget.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ts-during-nfl-combine-interview-with-raiders/

Purp

View attachment 6822 So my husband just sent me the article in Blacklock’s parking tickets I don’t know why I find this so funny, but I do. Please share your parking ticket stories from your years at TCU. Ross and I can’t be the only ones!

I can’t remember how many I got before my parents threatened to kill me, but it had to have been close to 8. I’m from the 90’s - the old freshman parked in Ranch Management Days. I distinctly remember Brett Ballard ( a Kappa Sig) being a kind gentleman and helping me carry all my grocery bags back to Colby one blisteringly hot summer day. We stopped at least 2 times to rest, cuss, and laugh. I won’t name her name, but one of my friends got soooooooooooo many tickets.

What’s the going rate these days for a tickets? I remembering it being $50 when I was in school. Can anyone confirm that? Or was it $25? I just remember it seeming like a lot of money on my tiny budget.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ts-during-nfl-combine-interview-with-raiders/
I got a couple from TCU and they were closer to $100 in the early aughts. I quickly learned the $20 ones from FWPD were a much better value so if I ever had to park in a shady spot I made sure it was on a city street and not on a campus lot.

FrogAbroad

Never got even one.

But, back when I attended TCU there was still quite a bit of open pasture around campus where a man could stake his hoss all day without any problem, unless there was some half-drunk cowhand getting out of Hell's Half-Acre in a hurry and needed to swap mounts...

frogs9497

My wife attended TAMU her freshman year (before she came to her senses and transferred here). She decided to get her masters degree a couple of years ago at Texas Woman’s Univ, but needed her transcript from TAMU to get admitted (among other things). TAMU wouldn’t release the transcript until she paid her $200 parking tickets.... 15 years later. Why TAMU didn’t require it when she transferred, no idea. But they didn’t forget.

froginmn

I got a couple from TCU and they were closer to $100 in the early aughts. I quickly learned the $20 ones from FWPD were a much better value so if I ever had to park in a shady spot I made sure it was on a city street and not on a campus lot.
Haha I co-wrote a weekly opinion column in the Daily Skiff and we made that exact point - cheaper to park where you would get a FW ticket.

Purp

Haha I co-wrote a weekly opinion column in the Daily Skiff and we made that exact point - cheaper to park where you would get a FW ticket.
The City of FW caught on fairly quickly By my 3rd senior year they had more than doubled. Still a better value, but more of a deterrent.

bleedpurple

I have zero recollection about parking tix however a bunch of us would ride to survey of theater class with a phi kap that had been born with one leg because had a handicap placard. One day we all piled out of his car and a tcu cop happened to watch us and walked up and asked my friend about the placard. He said he had some paperwork in the car and jumped back into the driver side and calmy took off his leg and set it on the dashboard. The cops jaw fell to the ground and he proceeded to apologize. Good times.

Billy Clyde

I just signed them and said I was an alum. Never heard another word. Of course, I didn't bother getting a parking sticker, either.

^^^. I realized right away the only purpose of a parking sticker was so they could track you and know who you were. This was well before they could track your plates. I never got one, and frequently parked in faculty parking, back when you could drive up to the student center. Got too many to count. Never paid one. Some of my friends who had stickers had to pay them after graduation because their diplomas were held until they did.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I got a call in the middle of the night from campus police because I left my car in neutral with no parking brake outside of Tom Brown. It rolled backward and was blocking the horseshoe road that used to be where the Commons is today.

Also got a parking ticket and call from the chancellor’s office for parking in the Chancellor’s parking spot on a weekend. Who knew the Chancellor would come in on a Sunday?

East Coast

Tier 1
Only 2 that I recall. Once I parked in Moudy's spot just for the heck of it. The other time I came home late (or early morning) and parked in the stadium lot. You had to move your car sometime Saturday morning on gamedays, and I naturally slept instead. Don't remember how much they were..