• The KillerFrogs

W to throw out first pitch at OSU - TCU game

Froggish

George W. Bush to Throw Out First Pitch at OSU’s O’Brate Stadium on March 20

O’Brate Stadium is getting a pretty amazing opening on March 20 against TCU. According to one source I talked to and as first reported by the Tulsa World, former president George W. Bush will throw out the first pitch when the Pokes open their new digs against the Horned Frogs in three weeks.

New stadium looks pretty awesome

Eight

George W. Bush to Throw Out First Pitch at OSU’s O’Brate Stadium on March 20

O’Brate Stadium is getting a pretty amazing opening on March 20 against TCU. According to one source I talked to and as first reported by the Tulsa World, former president George W. Bush will throw out the first pitch when the Pokes open their new digs against the Horned Frogs in three weeks.

so instead of the guy who i guess wrote the check to build the stadium throwing out the first pitch you ask a friend of his who isn't from oklahoma, didn't go to school in oklahoma, his daughters didn't go to school in oklahoma, and he lives in central texas?

Moose Stuff

so instead of the guy who i guess wrote the check to build the stadium throwing out the first pitch you ask a friend of his who isn't from oklahoma, didn't go to school in oklahoma, his daughters didn't go to school in oklahoma, and he lives in central texas?

I think that dude is like 90 years old.

Eight

I think that dude is like 90 years old.

i realize you cant have garth brooks or gary busey do everything, but what about pete incavilgia or robin ventura?

wasn't pete voted to multiple all time great college baseball teams and i seem to remember ward's osu teams always going to the cws when pete played for them.

their ceremony and they can do what they want, but bringing in a former president with no tie to the school or the program seems to have a bit of an inferiority complex for a program that has some damn good tradition

Pharm Frog

Pretty sure he lives in the Dallas area (but doesn’t everyone according to the media?)

Boonescabanaboy

Pretty high profile move. Will get a lot of attention.

The Athletic Director, Holder, has proven himself to be an insane fund raiser. O'brate had never even been to a baseball game in Stillwater, and somehow Holder pried $30 million out of him.

Moose Stuff

with no direct tie to the program or school and not like they are naming the thing after him.

they can and will get who they want, just seems like they are reaching when i would think they would celebrate the history of the program.

Odd take.... two term POTUS and coincidentally probably threw out the most famous first pitch in history .... and that’s a “reach”???

Punter1

Odd take.... two term POTUS and coincidentally probably threw out the most famous first pitch in history .... and that’s a “reach”???

I agree with Eight...and I love GDub...when you open a college facility usually the honor goes to a person tied to the school or at least the state. As Eight said Okie Lite has a good list to choose from.

I like the move...just seems a little odd to me.