• The KillerFrogs

2020 MLB Thread

Purp

Hardest ball to track is the one hit directly over your head
The hardest ball to track is the line drive hit right at your face. Can't tell whether it's going over your head or landing 15 yards in front of you. Even tougher when it's a knuckling softball.

A ball elevated and going directly over your head isn't very tough. I have a much easier time fielding those than line drives or balls slicing, hooking, or seriously affected by wind.

All that said, I can't imagine what Tebow saw that made his route sensible. I've taken a bad first step in before based on the hitters hips, reach, or pitch location. I've never run in on a ball mashed like that. You just can't be paying attention very well if you do.

Tre J

The hardest ball to track is the line drive hit right at your face. Can't tell whether it's going over your head or landing 15 yards in front of you. Even tougher when it's a knuckling softball.

A ball elevated and going directly over your head isn't very tough. I have a much easier time fielding those than line drives or balls slicing, hooking, or seriously affected by wind.

All that said, I can't imagine what Tebow saw that made his route sensible. I've taken a bad first step in before based on the hitters hips, reach, or pitch location. I've never run in on a ball mashed like that. You just can't be paying attention very well if you do.
Guy lost his virginity in the last couple of months, so he may have other things on his mind.

FBallFan123

If we weren't in late February, I'd swear this would be an April Fool's Day prank...instead....it's just a fantastically cool story IMO

https://nypost.com/2020/02/24/madis...ompeted-in-rodeos-under-alias-mason-saunders/

Madison Bumgarner has secretly competed in rodeos under alias Mason Saunders
They know him as Mason Saunders, an accomplished rodeo participant who has won thousands of dollars in competitions. You know him as Madison Bumgarner, a three-time World Series champion with the Giants now pitching for the Diamondbacks.

nwlafrog

He was referring to an outfielder, which is correct. Not a rocket hit at a 3rd baseman. Tebow definitely didn’t follow rule #1 of outfield 101 though. Ball above the bill, first step is back.