• The KillerFrogs

TCU Construction Updates

Brog

Love the Minecraft look of the place

How about this quote from the article included here, after telling of Dan Jenkins calling Worth Hills golf course Goat Hills (explaining why they're calling the restaurant Goat Hills)..

"The city eventually sold Worth Hills’ 106 acres to TCU, which currently uses the space as an overflow parking lot."

HFrog12

I took another tour today (no pics - forgot phone in the car) and things are noticeably progressing. Suite Level is 90% done. Club Level has some work left but looking good.

Exterior bricking is going up.

Going to be top notch.

Really excited to see the finished product. Next time you go please remember to take your phone ;), ha! Interesting that you say club level has a ways to go. I was told it would be ready for the spring game. That is only a month out.

Really excited to see the finished product. Next time you go please remember to take your phone ;), ha! Interesting that you say club level has a ways to go. I was told it would be ready for the spring game. That is only a month out.
It *will* be, just was a madhouse (people everywhere), no flooring, lots to do on the walls, etc. etc.

The ribbon cutting announcement should be made this week and the event will occur before the spring game.

Last edited:

LeagueCityFrog

I chose to bring this topic back up now because now is the time to be sniffing around other Power 5 schools BEFORE say the Pac 12 signs another grant of rights deal for 10 more years. Big XII back at 12 with OU and UT as two of the 12 is good for TCU. Stability plus a couple legacy anchors in the conference. We would be more protected from say the Big Ten looking to poach Oklahoma and Kansas.

HFrog12

I chose to bring this topic back up now because now is the time to be sniffing around other Power 5 schools BEFORE say the Pac 12 signs another grant of rights deal for 10 more years. Big XII back at 12 with OU and UT as two of the 12 is good for TCU. Stability plus a couple legacy anchors in the conference. We would be more protected from say the Big Ten looking to poach Oklahoma and Kansas.

Interesting place to put this but that's alright.

Wexahu

Oklahoma isn't going to the Big 10. No team outside the AAU is going there, regardless of how good their sports teams are.

The SEC is the only potential landing spot for OU. I suppose Kansas could somehow end up in the Pac 12 or Big 10 in some bizarre scenario but I wouldn't count on it. The Big 12 is fine like it is, splitting money 10 ways instead of 12 or 14 or more is nice. Playing every team every year, once in football and twice in basketball, is great for the fans and competitive fairness.