• The KillerFrogs

Ryan Newman/Daytona

M

Mr. Toad

I much prefer the FIA WEC and IMSA Weathertech SportsCar Championship type racing. I prefer the GTLM and GTD classes of race cars. I'm hoping these grow in popularity!

tetonfrog

Racing is dying in popularity and teams are losing sponsors left and right.

My dad used to work for Phillips 66 a long time ago. In the 80s? they decided to sponsor Cole Yarborough one year and it was over a $1 million. They did it for one year and then cancelled it. They adjusted their advertising strategy because it was not worth it. I wonder how expensive it is now.

My dad used to work for Phillips 66 a long time ago. In the 80s? they decided to sponsor Cole Yarborough one year and it was over a $1 million. They did it for one year and then cancelled it. They adjusted their advertising strategy because it was not worth it. I wonder how expensive it is now.

Should have sponsored Cale Yarborough instead. No wonder they didn't get ROI.

Last edited:

Double V

the next decade in auto racing will be very interesting in terms of the continued evolution of engines.

formula 1 cars are hybrids that use a combination of combustion and battery power, but some european countries are looking to ban the manufacturing and sale of combustion engines in the not so distant future.

proponents in britian are pushing for a deadline of 2035 for such a mandate with other countries discussing similar laws.

fia already has formula e that started i believe in 2014 and there are a couple of manufacturers in both circuits.

biggest complaint from friends who attend the race at cota in austin is the f1 cars just don't sound the same way they did when they attended the races at watkins glen. the other big issue is that the speed of vehicles just isn't the same among the f1 vehicles and the formula 3 vehicles.

will be very, very interesting to watch if and when such changes come to nascar and the indy cars.
The F1 races are freaking awesome. Hell, so is Indy at COTA and especially MotoGP!

HFrog1999

giphy.gif

Eight

I prefer F1 also but here again it’s entertainment value is limited to 5 cars. 2 Mercedes 2 Ferrari and 1 Aston Martin.
Nobody else need bother to race.....

very true and while the races can be entertaining if saw lewis, charles, and max are up front on the right course that hasn't happened much the past few seasons

i did enjoy the last few races, but in all honesty found the qualifying at times more interesting than some of the races.

hopefully, returning the ground effects to the cars, a few other structural changes, the team budge cap, and the restriction on tunnel testing time will close that gap some.

think that mcclaren is getting ready to make a push with the 2021 changes and still not sure mercedes won't sell

HToady

very true and while the races can be entertaining if saw lewis, charles, and max are up front on the right course that hasn't happened much the past few seasons

i did enjoy the last few races, but in all honesty found the qualifying at times more interesting than some of the races.

hopefully, returning the ground effects to the cars, a few other structural changes, the team budge cap, and the restriction on tunnel testing time will close that gap some.

think that mcclaren is getting ready to make a push with the 2021 changes and still not sure mercedes won't sell
It was telling when Kimi Raikonen moved to Alpha that it’s all about the cars and not the driver.
I also like that, if it rains, they just change tires and race on. NASCAR needs to figure they can do that as well.

Eight

It was telling when Kimi Raikonen moved to Alpha that it’s all about the cars and not the driver.
I also like that, if it rains, they just change tires and race on. NASCAR needs to figure they can do that as well.

i like the rain races because it does become apparent some of the drivers just don't have a feel for their cars like others.

do think the one thing that lewis has on most is his ability to deal with things like tires that start to go bad or brake issues

funny though because there is a top gear i think that has lewis driving one of senna's old cars and he talks about how different that was from today's cars

Last edited:

HFrog1999

I followed NASCAR until the deaths of Adam Petty and Dale Earnhardt.

I started following Formula 1 a few years ago.

I’m going to give NASCAR another shot. I do think the stages are kind of stupid.