• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘Best job in America.’ Jerry Kill embraces new role, ready to turn TCU’s offense around

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
mike's dad obviously was attracted to the woman and she was attracted to him or else they don't get married multiple times, but just as there was something attracting them there was something that kept them from staying together.

something happened in 2016 that triggered meacham leaving the frogs and it wasn't exactly a friendly break up based upon some comments that have made and the great job gary seemed to take in destroying the kansas offense co-ordinated by gary in ft worth.

what happened in 2016 to cause the split and have all things been smoothed over? doubt we will ever know the first and will left to conjecture on the second.
I am thinking there was some "You don't know what you're doing!"
"Oh yeah? Then go somewhere else!"
"Fine! I will! And if I ever get the chance to play against you, I'll tear you up!"
"We'll see about that..."

Dogfrog

mike's dad obviously was attracted to the woman and she was attracted to him or else they don't get married multiple times, but just as there was something attracting them there was something that kept them from staying together.

something happened in 2016 that triggered meacham leaving the frogs and it wasn't exactly a friendly break up based upon some comments that have made and the great job gary seemed to take in destroying the kansas offense co-ordinated by gary in ft worth.

what happened in 2016 to cause the split and have all things been smoothed over? doubt we will ever know the first and will left to conjecture on the second.

You can assume til the cows come home over Meachams departure. The only thing I know is that he left after the 2016 season. At the end of 2015 Cumbie turned down UT, got a big raise, and as I recall was given the right to call plays for 2016, a year when we started moving backward on offense. I think Meacham is a good offensive mind with a lot of pride. He is now our passing game coordinator. At the recruiting reception Kill referred to Meacham as a (paraphrasing) piece of work. Kill will handle the egos and use what he thinks will work IMO.

Eight

You can assume til the cows come home over Meachams departure. The only thing I know is that he left after the 2016 season. At the end of 2015 Cumbie turned down UT, got a big raise, and as I recall was given the right to call plays for 2016, a year when we started moving backward on offense. I think Meacham is a good offensive mind with a lot of pride. He is now our passing game coordinator. At the recruiting reception Kill referred to Meacham as a (paraphrasing) piece of work. Kill will handle the egos and use what he thinks will work IMO.

your last line dogfrog i think sums up what is the most critical part of the off season for the offense and in all honesty i hope from the perspective of the alums/ fans we never directly see any of kill's work.

something happened in 2016 and the offense has become more and more ineffective over the last two years for a variety of reasons.

time to put things aside and focus on putting together an effective and efficient offense with the talent on campus.

Big Frog II

In the last four years, we only had one really good offensive year, 2017. That was Hill's second year here. The other three years we were depending on inexperienced QB play. As Randy Galloway always said, it's about the quarterback. Duggan should be better. He's kind of like Andy but without the benefit of a redshirt year.

I am glad Kill is here. I do think we did a lot of sloppy things on offense. Hopefully he will teach us the way to do it right.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
“I think he’s going to be very good,” Kill said. “I think he fits what I’m used to doing and I think he’ll have a great year next year. He’s going to learn a ton from that freshman year. Then we’ve got to build around him a little bit. He can throw the ball, he can run the ball, we’ve just got to do a better job.

i found the quote about "what i'm used to doing" interesting as the comments about building around a player which is a novel concept in implementing an offense.

This ...
He returned to Pitt State as its OC from 1991-93 under Chuck Broyles, and helped the Gorillas win a Division II championship in 1991. He’s gone on to build solid offenses at every stop, such as the Mid-American’s No. 1-ranked offense in 2010 at Northern Illinois and the Big Ten’s fifth-best rushing attack in 2013 at Minnesota.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article240316081.html#storylink=cpy

Froggish

great question and i have not heard exactly what his saturday responsibilities will be or his access to in game conversations

He or Gary said he will likely be on the sidelines with a headset on but will not have a mouth piece and be able to communicate with anyone.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The quotes of the story ...'

“Gary’s the best coach in the country. There ain’t no question in my mind and I guarantee you as a defensive coach, he’s a genius,” Kill said. “We’ve seen that. Hell, if you can keep them under 30, we should win here. We should win. We should win every damn game.

“That puts a lot of pressure on what I just said, but we should win every game.”

BABYFACE

I believe most of us have said the offense needed a sense of direction and cohesion. Also, it has been noted that the O looked undisciplined.

I don’t expect Kill to be a miracle worker, but if he can address those short comings adequately, the offense will become more crisp and efficient. The big issue is the OL. Can they be a steady and a cohesive unit for 2020? That will determine the ceiling on the offense.

Fosterpark Squatter

I believe most of us have said the offense needed a sense of direction and cohesion. Also, it has been noted that the O looked undisciplined.

I don’t expect Kill to be a miracle worker, but if he can address those short comings adequately, the offense will become more crisp and efficient. The big issue is the OL. Can they be a steady and a cohesive unit for 2020? That will determine the ceiling on the offense.
Anyone have an idea on who the starting 5 are going to be?

Froginbedford

maybe start at cautious optimism and build from there if we do see some changes come next august against cal.

the counter of course is total anarchy on this board if the first offensive series in berkley ends up with a turnover or 2 straight bubble screens, a deep fade to a 5'6" receiver and then a 20 yard punt

And the turnover ends with a Cal touchdown....

Eight

He or Gary said he will likely be on the sidelines with a headset on but will not have a mouth piece and be able to communicate with anyone.

giphy.gif