• The KillerFrogs

OT - Great movie lines/scenes

FrogAbroad

And on very rare and unforgettable occasions, the most powerful line in an entire movie is found in the last 8 seconds of a 2:45 minute scene...

steelfrog

Tier 1
Watched JoJo Rabbit on a flight today. It was awesome. Instantly one of my favorite war movies. That little kid deserved an Oscar nomination.

Watched half of Joker on the Friday flight and got about 20 more minutes in after Jojo. Joaquin Phoenix is amazing.

JoJo Rabbit is a jewel.

Steel does like Guac Phenix, but the performance in Joker was almost identical to the performance in You Were Never Really Here, except he was fat in the latter movie and skinny in Joker. Frankly, the earlier movie prolly better.

steelfrog

Tier 1
It was only a waste of two hours if you watched it that long. I didn’t get 15 minutes in. My hot take on the Coen bros is that they completely suck about half the time. I like their stuff only occasionally when an actor and a quirky role just click. Nicolas Cage in Raising Arizona, Francis McDormand and Willian H Macy in Fargo, John Turturro in Miller’s Crossing, and several people in both Oh Brother and Big Lebowski. They even managed to make me dislike a spy movie with Tom Hanks.

This is a terrible take, re: Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Not all of them work equally well, in fact the first one, Buster Scruggs, was Steel's least favorite. The one with Liam Neeson is genius, especially the very end.

A Serious Man is about the only Coen Bros film Steel would not watch at any time. Ladykillers is an underappreciated classic.

PhillyFrog

VictoriousSimplisticEthiopianwolf-size_restricted.gif