• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

tcudoc

I went to see one of the girls in our middle school Sunday school class play her last basketball game last night. One of the officials was rocking the Lloyd Christmas haircut. The other sported the Harry Dunne do. Both were female. Nobody around me understood the reference so I had to laugh with myself.
So...it was intentional on their part? If so, that's hilarious.

HFrog1999

I went to see one of the girls in our middle school Sunday school class play her last basketball game last night. One of the officials was rocking the Lloyd Christmas haircut. The other sported the Harry Dunne do. Both were female. Nobody around me understood the reference so I had to laugh with myself.

giphy.gif

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I was just scanning the field of candidates for the Senate seat in Alabama (not political). Here is the thumbnail bio for one Tommy Tuberville, who is actually doing rather well. Note any omissions?

Party: Republican Party

Incumbent: No

Political Office:
None

Biography:
Tuberville graduated from Southern Arkansas University. He was head coach for several college football teams between 1995 and 2016, including at Auburn University and the University of Cincinnati. He retired in 2016, when he became a member of ESPN's broadcast staff.
Here’s my read, totally unqualified. He will probably get elected.

nwlafrog

I lost my granddad last Thursday. I was a pall bearer along with my 2 cousins (his “grand boys”).

My grandfather retired from the US Army as a full colonel after 40 years of service. More importantly, he was grandad. The man never turned up the volume on the TV to tune us out or put anyone off. He made everyone feel like they were the most important person in his life. He set anything and everything aside to treat you special. He defined “in sickness and in health” for the years that my grandmother couldn’t take care of herself. That alone would’ve made him a hero even if he wasn’t a full colonel.

He skateboarded, he shagged balls, he camped, hunted, fished, and did it all for us. He broke his glasses and scratched his face up more times than I can count. I even broke his nose on a pop fly he went to catch. He took the blame for everything. He told my cousin to point the finger at him for getting muddy in a creek many year ago after my grandmother scolded him. “grandad pushed me in the creek!” Another time after he went inside to bandage himself up after skateboarding with us, “grandma says I can’t skateboard anymore.”

So many memories.

we had a military service at the cemetery where they covered his casket with the flag, played taps, and sent him off with a 21 gun salute. Myself and my cousins received a shell casing.

I’ve been through the loss of a best friend, the loss of other loved ones, I have gone months and months without seeing my child while fighting for custody many years ago...

I’ve never felt my heart physically ache the way that it has since last Thursday. He went nearly 10 years without my grandmother. I couldn’t imagine how difficult that must’ve been. I’m in the “would’ve, could’ve, should’ve” stage of grief right now.

He was my role model, my hero and he hung the moon to me.

Until I see you again, grandad....

Last edited:

tcudoc

I lost my granddad last Thursday. I was a pall bearer along with my 2 cousins (his “grand boys”).

My grandfather retired from the US Army as a full colonel after 40 years of service. More importantly, he was grandad. The man never turned up the volume on the TV to tune us out or put anyone off. He made everyone feel like they were the most important person in his life. He set anything and everything aside to treat you special. He defined “in sickness and in health” for the years that my grandmother couldn’t take care of herself. That alone would’ve made him a hero even if he wasn’t a full colonel.

He skateboarded, he shagged balls, he camped, hunted, fished, and did it all for us. He broke his glasses and scratched his face up more times than I can count. I even broke his nose on a pop fly he went to catch. He took the blame for everything. He told my cousin to point the finger at him for getting muddy in a creek many year ago after my grandmother scolded him. “grandad pushed me in the creek!” Another time after he went inside to bandage himself up after skateboarding with us, “grandma says I can’t skateboard anymore.”

So many memories.

we had a military service at the cemetery where they covered his casket with the flag, played taps, and sent him off with a 21 gun salute. Myself and my cousins received a shell casing.

I’ve been through the loss of a best friend, the loss of other loved ones, I have gone months and months without seeing my child while fighting for custody many years ago...

I’ve never felt my heart physically ache the way that it has since last Thursday. I’m in the “would’ve, could’ve, should’ve” stage of grief right now.

Sorry for your loss. I would have loved to have met him. He sounds awesome.

TCURiggs

So many memories.

I’ve never felt my heart physically ache the way that it has since last Thursday. He went nearly 10 years without my grandmother. I couldn’t imagine how difficult that must’ve been. I’m in the “would’ve, could’ve, should’ve” stage of grief right now.

Sorry to hear, bud.