• The KillerFrogs

Basketball Program is back to Trent Johnson era levels

CryptoMiner

No doubt. Farabello is the only young guy I have a high degree of confidence in becoming a consistent shooter. Fuller shows flashes so he could certainly get there too.

Other than that we can only hope that a couple of the new guys will be able to make outside shots. I think RJ is destined to be a streaky shooter who still hovers around 30% from 3 for a season. If he can just get better as a ball handler and decision maker then he can still be an effective weapon for us IF there are some shooters on the floor with him.

Dogfrog

If he left I would buy tequila shots for the entire bar. So beyond tired of the pass this dude gets year after year. We should've said goodbye after that UCLA debacle last year. amazing how ridiculed I got for saying his offensive gameplans suck.

I’d do the same if you went away.

Dogfrog

Don't understand the purpose of debating these coaches' salaries. The market value of P5 coaches in major sports is not something unique to TCU. This is simply the price of having a coach with any experience and any history of success.

I don't get a refund check in the mail if we bring in a coach that's making $2 million per year instead of 3 so what the hell do I care how much the guy gets paid. There's no salary cap. If this is the coach the AD wants then this is the cost to keep him.

And if we are somehow super concerned about the University spending money then what about the cost associated with firing a coach under contract? I also don't care about that, btw, just saying this is the cost associated with competing in major college athletics.

It’s called jealousy. You want to make a few million a year? Give up your job posting on social media and try coaching.

Pharm Frog

I watched about one game a season during Trent Johnson’s tenure. I watch at least one game a week now. I have no historical basis for comparison.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
We had almost as many turnovers and fouls last night -- 39 -- as we did points.
On the other hand, we scored more points in the first half of this game -- 20 -- than we did against Kansas -- 18.

BearlyAFrog

It needs better coaching as well. Your attitude seems to be we just need better players and for shots to start going in. There is WAY more to it than that and you don't pay a basketball coach over $3M/year to just recruit good players and hope they make their 3-point shots. I think you'd be surprised how much better some of these players would be if they had a coach who was doing a better job.

Not trying to start rival [ Finebaum ], but more to Wexahu's point, recruiting is important but coaching is more important. The last 4 years' recruiting classes below:

TCU.jpg

I'd argue they're pretty similar albeit perhaps skewed towards TCU. TCU has better facilities, Baylor has better basketball history (not including murders). TCU has a better brand and location. Not real sure what the problem is besides coaching.