• The KillerFrogs

2020 Baseball Season Thread

Punter1

Tried that. Failed when I mentioned that we could catch the Saturday game after the brunch. Seemed like an efficient plan.

Ok...mix in some pre-Valentine's Day Kendra Scott bling ("Because I just had to get you something else sweetie") and see if that loosens her up a bit....

Kendra is relatively cheap...you can't make a mistake and just about every woman loves it. I've got two $75 bracelets stashed in my truck as we speak in case I need a quick Get Outta Jail card...or a last minute hall pass for some "client" trip....

Moose Stuff

Ok...mix in some pre-Valentine's Day Kendra Scott bling ("Because I just had to get you something else sweetie") and see if that loosens her up a bit....

Kendra is relatively cheap...you can't make a mistake and just about every woman loves it. I've got two $75 bracelets stashed in my truck as we speak in case I need a quick Get Outta Jail card...or a last minute hall pass for some "client" trip....

Stealing a page out of the Red Foreman book of romance.

Punter1

So there's basically zero updates on the team? Any idea on who the starters are? Line-up? Starting pitchers?

GP took over the baseball injury report and lineup...just gonna have to wait and see what the darn we roll out with on Friday...then again on Sat and Sun....

frogtex

So there's basically zero updates on the team? Any idea on who the starters are? Line-up? Starting pitchers?

I've watched a few scrimmages.....my best guess

C-Humphreys--but the freshman catcher, Byrne, is good and is the future for sure
1b--Henry
2b--Rogers or Goodloe
SS--Sacco--you're gonna love this guy
3b-shepherd, Goodloe or Rogers
LF--porter brown
CF--Wolfe but I think he may be hurt so possibly Sikes
RF--Wood--the grad transfer from Alabama
DH--Wolfe, Byrne, Goodloe, Shepherd???

Rotation

some combination of King, Russell Smith and Johnny Ray....Ray has been amazing, just not sure if CJS will throw him in the first game....what I've seen of the bullpen is a HUGE improvement from last year

wild card on the pitching staff: the return of Caleb Sloan...watch out if he figures it out!

flyfishingfrog

C-Humphreys--but the freshman catcher, Byrne, is good and is the future for sure
1b--Henry
2b--Rogers or Goodloe
LF--porter brown

Rotation

some combination of King, Russell Smith and Johnny Ray....Ray has been amazing, just not sure if CJS will throw him in the first game....what I've seen of the bullpen is a HUGE improvement from last year

wild card on the pitching staff: the return of Caleb Sloan...watch out if he figures it out!
Hearing Ray, King and Smith for this weekends order

Westsider

I asked a player at our table the other night which pitcher really sticks out, and he said Johnny Ray before I finished my question......

Punter1

1b--Henry
2b--Rogers or Goodloe
LF--porter brown

Rotation

So maybe Meador on Tuesdays then??

Punter1

Looked at Ray’s profile.... interesting. Looks like he’s played most of his life as a hitter? And now he’s our ace?

His profile makes zero sense btw, it says he's RS Soph but the timeline doesnt add up and is all darned up to begin with.....our SID department needs to clean this up especially if he is a weekend guy..

"Previous School
Spent the 2018 season on the Illinois State roster… did not play a game for the Redbirds… played the 2019 season at John A. Logan High School… ranked as the No. 15 top prospect in the state of Illinois by Baseball America… injuries limited him to just eight innings on the season."

PurpleBlood87

His profile makes zero sense btw, it says he's RS Soph but the timeline doesnt add up and is all darned up to begin with.....our SID department needs to clean this up especially if he is a weekend guy..

"Previous School
Spent the 2018 season on the Illinois State roster… did not play a game for the Redbirds… played the 2019 season at John A. Logan High School… ranked as the No. 15 top prospect in the state of Illinois by Baseball America… injuries limited him to just eight innings on the season."

John A. Logan is a community college.

jake102

How does someone make that kind of improvement? Basically dropped out of Illinois State and went JUCO, spent the entire year hurt, and now is our ace