• The KillerFrogs

Lubbock A-J: Looking for redemption: Red Raiders host TCU after loss in Fort Worth

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Lubbock A-J: Looking for redemption: Red Raiders host TCU after loss in Fort Worth

By Carlos Silva Jr

AUSTIN For the first time this season, the Texas Tech men’s basketball team will go through the rigors of a one-day turnaround during its Big 12 Conference schedule.

The Red Raiders, who claimed a 62-57 come-from-behind road win against Texas on Saturday, will prepare for their first Big Monday contest inside United Supermarkets Arena.

In this instance, it will pit Texas Tech against a TCU squad who has claimed a victory over earlier in the year in Fort Worth.

Read more at https://www.lubbockonline.com/sport...red-raiders-host-tcu-after-loss-in-fort-worth

Purp

We've been in a downward spiral since beating them. Tonight is going to be very tough to get it back on track.

We need new material...Waco is more diseased than Lubbock now.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/au...high-std-rates-but-it-isnt-the-worst-in-texas
Interesting. First, I'm surprised that out of 100 cities in the U.S. you'd see cities like Waco and Killeen make the list, and to a lesser extent, Lubbuttock. It just seems like Waco and Killeen would be too small to land on the radar for top 100 cities lists in America.

Regarding the disease rates in those places, though, I'm not all that shocked. Killeen gets takes its toll from Soldiers. Between kids returning home from deployments and looking for anything that has a vagine (clean or dirty) and new Soldiers reporting after having been through Basic Combat Training and their MOS specific school houses there is an unusually large population of young men eager to take advantage of their new-found liberty and padded bank account. I can also see statistics from Harker Heights and Copperas Cove getting lumped in with the Killeen stats. If Soldiers living in those towns got medical treatment in Killeen or on Fort Hood it might inflate the numbers a little.

Waco just sucks. This is further proof.

TechAdvisor

Interesting. First, I'm surprised that out of 100 cities in the U.S. you'd see cities like Waco and Killeen make the list, and to a lesser extent, Lubbuttock. It just seems like Waco and Killeen would be too small to land on the radar for top 100 cities lists in America.

Regarding the disease rates in those places, though, I'm not all that shocked. Killeen gets takes its toll from Soldiers. Between kids returning home from deployments and looking for anything that has a vagine (clean or dirty) and new Soldiers reporting after having been through Basic Combat Training and their MOS specific school houses there is an unusually large population of young men eager to take advantage of their new-found liberty and padded bank account. I can also see statistics from Harker Heights and Copperas Cove getting lumped in with the Killeen stats. If Soldiers living in those towns got medical treatment in Killeen or on Fort Hood it might inflate the numbers a little.

Waco just sucks. This is further proof.

Lubbock's rate is easily explained as Lubbock is the medical hub for all of West Texas. People from Hobbs, Childress, Amarillo, Midland and every small town in between all go to Lubbock for different medical needs.

If you're a 16 year old in Muleshoe and your [Art Briles] starts itching, you're driving to Lubbock to get it checked out and if you're tested positive for an STD, you're added to the Lubbock statistics, not the Muleshoe statistics.

The medical population for Lubbock is well over half a million.

Eight

not worried about the game in lubbock tonight as the big game this week is home saturday against kstate.

if the frogs are going to win 6-8 games this year they have to win that kstate game and i think there is a chance now with the injury problems that hit iowa state and texas.