• The KillerFrogs

If you could have dinner with three historical figures, living or dead, who would they be?

I guess I would go with:

George Washington (explain what you think about your vision for the country compared to how it's turned out so far).
Gary Patterson (explain to me what I don't know about Sonny Cumbie and Jarrett Anderson).
Alanis Morissette (tell me what was really going on in your head during the mid-90's).

If I really sat down and thought about it, I might come up with a different list but that seems like a good enough couple of hours to make for an experience I could look back on for a while.

Froglaw

You're obsessed with golf, like my father in law. And to think I thought about putting you on my KF.c list...

You do bring up an interesting twist on the question with your second part. Art still wouldn't make my list. He's so inconsequential.

Not obsessed with golf, I like Hogan. The thought of such diverse players of the game would make for a fasinating evening..

Second includes Briles because he dies and then comes back to life . I get t to find out what hell is like.

Limp Lizard

Thomas Jefferson
Ben Franklin
Albert Einstein

Jefferson was a man of very few (spoken) words, so Franklin and Einstein would have to carry the conversation.

Purp

Thomas Paine
Abraham Lincoln
Robin Williams

Paine was a part of the American and French Revolutions, Lincoln saved the country in the Civil War and Williams would be cracking jokes the whole time (cue the guillotine jokes).
Would be fascinating to hear Paine and Lincoln debate. I suspect Paine wouldn't see eye to eye with Lincoln's political philosophy totally irrespective of views on slavery. I think they both would agree there.

Virginia Frog

Linda Ronstadt
U Thai Hindi (my first cat, a Sealpoint Siamese)
Brindi (my last cat, a sweet little Tortoiseshell who probably saved my life)
The documentary "Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice" (2019) is very good. I saw her (from about 100 feet away) with the Eagles in 1976. She was a fox! (I've also met her long-time manager Peter Asher - from "Peter and Gordon" - World Without Love and many other hits from the mid-'60s - who appears i the doc.)

Last edited:

Virginia Frog

Robert E. Lee (we both grew up in the same home town)
Henry the 8th (he changed the English-speaking world in many ways)
Jane Fonda (much misunderstood, fab actress, incredibly smart - and I'm her political opposite - maybe I could change her mind!)

Brag: Beyonce (I've already had the pleasure, yep a 15-min one-on-one in NYC in 2013. She's strikingly beautiful, a wonderful person and I WAS starstruck - I'm never starstruck - and a Texan too!)

Last edited:

Virginia Frog

Cleopatra

Marilyn Monroe

Hedy Lamarr

hedy-lamarr-featured.jpg
Unknown to most, Hedy Lamarr was a brilliant inventor whose concepts were the basis of cell phone and Bluetooth technology.

Get the documentary: "Bombshell" (2018). It tells her whole story and you'll never look at another beautiful woman again and think they are just looks and no brains.