• The KillerFrogs

If you could have dinner with three historical figures, living or dead, who would they be?

ThisIsOurTime

I think it could be interesting to have a conversation with an infamous person like Hitler, Stalin or some dictator. Although my reasons of finding it interesting would be different than what the football coach listed.

However, I would prefer my three to be Jesus, Paul and C.S. Lewis. Or maybe substitute Paul for Augustine. It would be amazing just hearing these folks talk with each other although probably a bit intellectually intimidating.

G

Ghost of Tobys Business College

Dumb he lost his job over it. It's not like the question was "What three people do you admire the most and would want to have dinner with?"
They straight-up reference him as a history buff in the question. Hitler wouldn't be in my top 100, but can't deny it would be a fascinating dinner with the guy.
I'd say Douglas Adams, "Weird Al" Yankovic, and William the Conqueror.

Frog-in-law1995

I’d fire that coach for being dumb. Hitler, JFK and Christopher Columbus? Unless Jack can translate from German and Italian, that’s going to be a pretty uncomfortable dinner.

Assuming relatives who have passed away don’t count as “historical,” my list would include some combination of Winston Churchill, Mark Twain, Teddy Roosevelt, Henry VIII, Da Vinci, Shakespeare and Benjamin Franklin. And of course Jesus, as long as he promised to lay off the guilt, ‘cause chances are good me and the other two at the table are gonna down a few.

edit: and Jesus speaks English. It’s the stuff in red towards the back of my NRSV edition.

tcudoc

JKF
LHO
Jack Ruby
They were an awesome band...
822080f59cfc6fb7e7df46d6c1c01c30.jpg

tcudoc