• The KillerFrogs

2020 MLB Thread

FBallFan123

All this just goes to show the limitations of MLB's investigation.

We mostly only know what we know due to Fiers..but he hasn't been in Houston for two seasons.

Whether this particular allegation is true or not, does anybody think the Astros players stopped trying to look for advantages or ways to cheat when Cora and Beltran left?

I doubt we ever learn most of the cheating that goes on in baseball...because it requires people who are/were on the inside to talk, and there's few willing to do it, and almost nobody is willing to put their names to it like Fiers did.

I think MLB has to crack down on the technology in the game....get the iPads out of the dugouts and tighten up the replay review systems.

Last edited:

MAcFroggy

All this just goes to show the limitations of MLB's investigation.

We mostly only know what we know due to Fiers..but he hasn't been in Houston for two seasons.

Does anybody think the Astros players stopped trying to look for advantages or ways to cheat when Cora and Beltran left?

I doubt we ever learn most of the cheating that goes on in baseball...because it requires people who are/were on the inside to talk, and there's few willing to do it, and almost nobody is willing to put their names to it like Fiers did.

I think MLB has to crack down on the technology in the game....get the iPads out of the dugouts and tighten up the replay review systems.

Agreed. I think they need to do away with the replay room entirely. If the managed thikgs it was a bad call, then challenge it. I hate when the stand for a 30 seconds, look into the hallway, wait 20 more seconds, and then finally decide to challenge or not. Challenge the play or don't. Keep the game moving and get the TVs/iPads out of the dugout, hallways, locker rooms.

Moose Stuff

Is this verified?

Tom Verducci has been talking about this for some time.

I don't think he knew/knows for sure it was going on, but he's talked about the possibility of "buzzing band-aids" as he sometimes calls it.

Below is an incident he sometimes refers to...not saying Chirinos had a buzzer but that some people suggested at the time that maybe that's what he had.

It’s not verified, no. But picture Altuve basically imploring his teammates not to rip off his jersey after the HR off Chapman and then his BS excuse about his wife not liking it when they rip off his jersey.......