• The KillerFrogs

2020 MLB Thread

ftwfrog

And Mike Minor throwing some shade on Cora.
View attachment 6701

If you don’t remember, in a meaningless game in September, Cora was pissed that the Rangers allowed an easy pop-up to land foul so that Minor could attempt to get his 200th K of the season. “I’m just glad our guys play the game the right way,” i think we’re Alex’s exact words.

One upper

FBallFan123

She wants to put a runner on 2nd in extra innings. That’s all you need to know about her thoughts on the game of baseball

I really dislike Mendoza on Sunday Night Baseball.

And I hate that suggestion about extra innings...although it seems popular among some media types.

It's pretty funny that MLB reportedly didn't want teams commenting on the Astros scandal....and Mendoza, employed by the Mets and ESPN, goes out and says this.

She may get disciplined but I doubt it's enough to get her off ESPN.

Last edited:

FBallFan123

They already do this at the minor league level. I’m OK with it there but don’t love the idea in MLB. Especially in the postseason.

I think the suggestions would be just to for the regular season.

Probably inspired by the NHL regular season rules (where they go to 3 on 3 and then a shootout to avoid long OT"s).

I am completely against giving teams unearned bases.

I prefer extra innings as they are, but a closer equivalent to taking skaters off the ice would be taking defensive players off the baseball field.

Take away an outfielder and an infielder and you should see more runs scored.

FBallFan123

H
O
L
Y
S
H
I
T

Is this verified?

Tom Verducci has been talking about this for some time.

I don't think he knew/knows for sure it was going on, but he's talked about the possibility of "buzzing band-aids" as he sometimes calls it.

Below is an incident he sometimes refers to...not saying Chirinos had a buzzer but that some people suggested at the time that maybe that's what he had.

Last edited: