• The KillerFrogs

Jerry Kill officially added

tcudoc

You rang?

Sorry, bell humor. Look, I've been inordinately busy over at SicEm365 lately.
Trust me, do NOT go in there. But I vow to pay more attention to KFC in the upcoming weeks. Some of you definitely deserve the dong. Wait, that came out wrong. Or did it?
Where is the original idiot bell? I have to wonder if that was Wes. He once confided in me who a couple of his ghost accounts were.

Mean Purple

Fine with me. Solid guy. Has his health improved?
Yes, very solid guy. Seems like his health is ok. Would imagine the stress of being a head coach impacted him before. There are multiple medical pros on here that may understand the underlying issues. I am not one of those. He has a lot of experience. If he is indeed being hired, it's a good hire.

Mean Purple

Kill is supposed to be named as Special Analyst to the Head Coach. Basically he is the QC guy on offense for GP.

Here is quote from JC’s article at 247, “ Kill will not be one of the ten assistant coaches, instead he will overlook the just the offensive side of the ball from coach evaluations, players evaluations, play calls, schemes; virtually everything involved with the offensive side of the ball. “
Cool. Lots of knowlege to offer.
A guy like that can help the offensive staff avoid some of their own tendancies.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Worst case: GP simply gave an old friend a job (that comes with a paycheck and presumably health care benefits).

Better case: Kill will be in a position to make substantive contributions on the offensive side of the field--and GP will listen to him.

Best case: Sonny is on his way out the door. Kill is the next OC-in-waiting.

Frog-in-law1995

Worst case: GP simply gave an old friend a job (that comes with a paycheck and presumably health care benefits).

Better case: Kill will be in a position to make substantive contributions on the offensive side of the field--and GP will listen to him.

Best case: Sonny is on his way out the door. Kill is the next OC-in-waiting.

I don’t think that’s the best case.

hiphopfroggy

Regarding TCU's offense:

Right now, I'm just taking it one day at a time.
tenor.gif

Today was a good day.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Mean Purple

If what is being reported is true, folks should keep in mind that Kill has been given a lot of credit for the turn around of the offense at Va Tech when he came in during the season last year at the same type of position. Plus, the reports of the choice for new running backs coach, who had a major impact in the same type of position at previous schools. Plus the reports of Meach for, supposedly, inside rcvrs. (Could easily see that transform to some passing game coordinator duties, which is common) Those are guys who have done well in what they are reportedly possibly maybe likely to be hired for at TCU.

Others were worried about recruiting if there were big changes, well, Cumbie can stay and grow and, it looks, get helpful input.

Moose Stuff

If what is being reported is true, folks should keep in mind that Kill has been given a lot of credit for the turn around of the offense at Va Tech when he came in during the season last year at the same type of position. Plus, the reports of the choice for new running backs coach, who had a major impact in the same type of position at previous schools. Plus the reports of Meach for, supposedly, inside rcvrs. (Could easily see that transform to some passing game coordinator duties, which is common) Those are guys who have done well in what they are reportedly possibly maybe likely to be hired for at TCU.

Others were worried about recruiting if there were big changes, well, Cumbie can stay and grow and, it looks, get helpful input.

This board has no place for level headed logic and reasoning supported by facts.

Eight

Can’t wait to see the trendy new spin he brings to the power I formation.

i would have no problem next year if on the goal line or 3rd and short the frogs lined up in the i formation and duggan basically pointed at the play side linebacker and told him we are running isolation right at your ass and it happened again and again and again.

everything isn't about deception and trickery.

if your opponent goes into a game knowing they have to prepare to stop a part of your offense that isn't a bad thing.

TCU_91

This does not look like a good solution. (Hope I am wrong)

So GP brings his longtime best friend in to over see a OC that has been screwing up play calling for the past two years. This looks like the perfect recipe for a lot of turmoil on the offensive side of the ball. Isn't it much more likely that Cumbie grows resentful of being lorded over and second guessed by Gary's best friend, than this be a cordial, constructive relationship?