• The KillerFrogs

WVU Game and Other notes

zfrawg

Hope you’re right. I feel about the exact opposite of that. They play amazing defense and their size/physicality/depth worries me.

I believe Dixon said in the last postgame they play 12 deep. Definitely concerned. Need KS to play smart and stay out of foul trouble.

TRF51

I hope we go in and compete to the best of our ability. If we can play defense like we did last game and hit our shots we have a shot but the team we are playing is really good and it is a hard place to play. I would be surprised and happy if we win.

Froggish

Hope you’re right. I feel about the exact opposite of that. They play amazing defense and their size/physicality/depth worries me.
Agreed, I think they beat up youngsters Fab and Fuller pretty good and RJ isn't as effective when people get physical with him. It will be interesting to see if we can get ugly with them.

Limp Lizard

In basketball, you gotta hit the shots. No shutouts. If we do, we will probably be OK. Certainly be a challenge for a true Freshman point guard, so keeping my fingers crossed. Avoid turnovers and hit the shots, especially the open 3's.

Still early in the season, a good learning experience for all those except Bane ("not his first rodeo" as GP would say). Good experience to grow up the players (as GP would say).

Lack of shooting the last couple of games worries me the worst.

Dogfrog

Agreed, I think they beat up youngsters Fab and Fuller pretty good and RJ isn't as effective when people get physical with him. It will be interesting to see if we can get ugly with them.

WV will force errors. Cant help them by forcing drives that aren’t there. No lazy passes. Might help to get KS more touches inside. Hope to get consistent officiating. Aggressive teams like WV tend to have the advantage of even great officials having subconscious limits on number of fouls they are willing to call. Play in a way that maintains team confidence coming out of the game.

Skip Jansen

WV will force errors. Cant help them by forcing drives that aren’t there. No lazy passes. Might help to get KS more touches inside. Hope to get consistent officiating. Aggressive teams like WV tend to have the advantage of even great officials having subconscious limits on number of fouls they are willing to call. Play in a way that maintains team confidence coming out of the game.

That's a good observation and I totally agree. Even if a team fouls every possession, only a percentage are going to be called.

As for the game, the two biggest keys I see for the Frogs are-

-Defending without fouling. WVU gets to the FT line at a high rate.

-Winning most of the 50/50 balls. Frogs have been really good at this all year. Unfortunately, so has WVU.

They play 11-12 guys so they do have a lot of fouls to give. Their size bothers me a little but Culver and Oscar aren't on the floor together that many minutes.

PO Frog

You're becoming as reliable a contra-indicator as BigNurple87 or whatever so I like that you are feeling this way. Take it to the bank that we go in and steal one.