• The KillerFrogs

Doug Meacham returning to the staff [MOD EDIT: Now Official]

Moose Stuff

I unsubscribed a couple games into the season when it was clear that he absolutely would not criticize Delton and continued to grade Delton even with Duggan. I don't dislike him or think he's a bad guy or anything, just felt more like state propaganda than actual information.

Maybe that’s what he actually thought and he was just wrong. Either way, I don’t subscribe for his opinions. I subscribe for his access to the program that is second to none.

Eight

Maybe that’s what he actually thought and he was just wrong. Either way, I don’t subscribe for his opinions. I subscribe for his access to the program that is second to none.

159607_large.jpg

Paint It Purple

This is just (half way) kicking the can down the road. The fact we are sitting here January 7th and nothing of significance can been done, while the rest of the football world has made changes screams mediocre.

To say I am disappointed with GP is an understatement.

Whatever happen to measuring staff on a two year time line? Surely Patterson has seen these past 2+ years of cute play calling and getting our arses kicked on offense warrants a full staff turn over.

I think my give a damn is about broke.
Then go see a doctor and stop your whining.

Double V

on jeremy's podcast he is going through a monologue justifying the movement of anderson for a variety of reasons and then he takes a very interesting change in the conversation.

he mentions first that thomsen benefitted from coaching the experienced offensive line that anderson coached when they were inexperienced in 2016.

next thing mentioned is jeremy was talking to patterson and there is a mention of the number of sacks the frogs offensive line gave up in 2019 and that it has been a long time since the frogs gave up 30 sacks in a year.

first, sacks are not merely a function of the offensive line. not uncommon for a young quarterback to hold the ball too long and not throw it away, but set that aside for a moment.

the last time the frogs gave up 30+ sacks in a season was? 2016
Time is a flat circle

What ticks me off is TCU not going out and getting a legit offensive line coach. Going out and finding the best offensive line coach with reputation and record. Championships are won in the trenches. It is the most important positions besides QB and on line with DL. The reason SEC wins and OU wins is because they have the best OL coaches in the business. We have a young OL next season which is even more important for the need of an elite offensive line coach. Screw relationships and find a guy who can get the job done. SEC doesn't give two craps about relationships they want the best and you can create coaching relationships.

If I'm Gary I dont want my legacy to be ruined because I can't win as my offensive line is struggling yearly and my QBs are running for their lives.

Now the other hires, I'm good with. I'm not crazy about the Meach hire but he makes sense. He is a proven good WR coach and he can help Cumbie game plan. Very creative. And TCU will need to play the quick pass to help the OL. TCU will have to pull OL and get them in space, and do a bunch of screens. TCU will need to run screens to wear out the dline so TCU can run the ball inside later. And that is Meach's game.

I think the most important thing TCU will have to do in the off season is get in that weight room. TCU in order to win with a young at OL is to build strength, hip control so balance, and especially SPEED as force = mass x acceleration. If TCU is young and doesn't have grown man mass like juniors and seniors they better be able to accelerate. So Don Sommer and staff have the most important job out of any coach. I hope along with the other hires they hire more staff for Coach Sommer.

I think something that gets lost on there sometimes is that the practices are closed to the media, including him, so he is having to rely on what people inside the program are relaying. When these things turn out to be wrong, I attribute much more of that to the people inside the program being wrong about their conclusions rather than him pumping some agenda. I don't see where he has anything to gain by having an agenda to put out falsely positive info about a player like Delton as stated above because he's decided in his own head that he's some level of player unless he's heard that from people in the program who have made that evaluation. Just my opinion but I've been on that site for quite a while and just don't get that if you look at his body of work.

Dogfrog

I unsubscribed a couple games into the season when it was clear that he absolutely would not criticize Delton and continued to grade Delton even with Duggan. I don't dislike him or think he's a bad guy or anything, just felt more like state propaganda than actual information.

So he had opinions you didn’t agree with?

JockO de Frog

What ticks me off is TCU not going out and getting a legit offensive line coach. Going out and finding the best offensive line coach with reputation and record. Championships are won in the trenches. It is the most important positions besides QB and on line with DL. The reason SEC wins and OU wins is because they have the best OL coaches in the business. We have a young OL next season which is even more important for the need of an elite offensive line coach. Screw relationships and find a guy who can get the job done. SEC doesn't give two craps about relationships they want the best and you can create coaching relationships.

If I'm Gary I dont want my legacy to be ruined because I can't win as my offensive line is struggling yearly and my QBs are running for their lives.

Now the other hires, I'm good with. I'm not crazy about the Meach hire but he makes sense. He is a proven good WR coach and he can help Cumbie game plan. Very creative. And TCU will need to play the quick pass to help the OL. TCU will have to pull OL and get them in space, and do a bunch of screens. TCU will need to run screens to wear out the dline so TCU can run the ball inside later. And that is Meach's game.

I think the most important thing TCU will have to do in the off season is get in that weight room. TCU in order to win with a young at OL is to build strength, hip control so balance, and especially SPEED as force = mass x acceleration. If TCU is young and doesn't have grown man mass like juniors and seniors they better be able to accelerate. So Don Sommer and staff have the most important job out of any coach. I hope along with the other hires they hire more staff for Coach Sommer.
I know where you're coming from however 3 years ago we went out and got someone who many considered was a Top OL coach in Thomsen and we all know how well that turned out.

asleep003

I know where you're coming from however 3 years ago we went out and got someone who many considered was a Top OL coach in Thomsen and we all know how well that turned out.

Yes ... our OL finished 3rd in rushing in 2019 !!!!
With Anderson(on his own) and the youth and inexperienced OL, thats not going to happen in 2020.

McGregor's Goat

So he had opinions you didn’t agree with?

I realize that you're being sarcastic, but I'll pretend that you were asking a question in good faith, just for fun. To clarify, I was referring to his podcast, not website. I stopped listening because it was clear that Jeremy would never say that the coaches were wrong about anything, and he refused to admit that Delton was bad. I found it frustrating and a waste of time. Carry on.

Long Time Lurker

I think something that gets lost on there sometimes is that the practices are closed to the media, including him, so he is having to rely on what people inside the program are relaying. When these things turn out to be wrong, I attribute much more of that to the people inside the program being wrong about their conclusions rather than him pumping some agenda. I don't see where he has anything to gain by having an agenda to put out falsely positive info about a player like Delton as stated above because he's decided in his own head that he's some level of player unless he's heard that from people in the program who have made that evaluation. Just my opinion but I've been on that site for quite a while and just don't get that if you look at his body of work.
I think you are partially correct and it’s a perspective I hadn’t considered, but still a symptom of his paranoia. With regard to Delton, I think Gary wanted Delton to be the guy sooooo bad it clouded reality.