• The KillerFrogs

Rhule to Carolina

netty2424

Who can say, college football will change dramatically in a few years. Coach's will play... who can find a seat when it all settles. But it won't be just TCU it will be many schools. If you recall, Alabama went through a few coach's for a while. TCU absolutely has got to maintain a high level of wins so we are not shuffled into a new category of conference. We have a great school... wonderful reputation and athletic facilities second to no one. That puts us a half step ahead. The fantastic alumni, fans and corporations realized that a few years back and put us in good position. Now we HAVE to innovate our brand, attract new fans and be a destination for great athletes.
I agree completely. TCU has done a great job in following the upward trend in overall university/program value for lack of better terms. And sure, who knows what college football will be in that same time period moving forward.

Having said that, TCU isn’t the only program with nice shiny things. As much as people
outside of Waco don’t like Waco, people from Waco love Waco/Baylor, new stadium, good facilities(subjective), education, etc so it’s all relative.

TCU has been fortunate to have a coach in GP build what he’s built, but some of the challenges this program faces like small alumni base, stadium size, etc, won’t change. Just hopeful GP is able to hand this thing off to a guy similar in stability goals, and not a job hopper.

Big Frog II

I agree completely. TCU has done a great job in following the upward trend in overall university/program value for lack of better terms. And sure, who knows what college football will be in that same time period moving forward.

Having said that, TCU isn’t the only program with nice shiny things. As much as people
outside of Waco don’t like Waco, people from Waco love Waco/Baylor, new stadium, good facilities(subjective), education, etc so it’s all relative.

TCU has been fortunate to have a coach in GP build what he’s built, but some of the challenges this program faces like small alumni base, stadium size, etc, won’t change. Just hopeful GP is able to hand this thing off to a guy similar in stability goals, and not a job hopper.
The reason people outside Waco, don't like Waco is because it is one crappy town who went all in on Briles to the point of helping him cover up everything going on down there. That is why everyone hates Waco.

And let's not forget whoever they hire will still have the NCAA hanging over their head.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
The reason people outside Waco, don't like Waco is because it is one crappy town who went all in on Briles to the point of helping him cover up everything going on down there. That is everyone hates Waco.

And let's not forget whoever they hire will still have the NCAA hanging over their head.
Waco has always been a [ Finebaum ] hole.

Purp

Kansas is in better shape than 2017 Baylor.
And possibly 2018 Baylor. The 2017 class was mid-pack rating-wise in conference since they had to replace 2 recruiting classes in one year and signed 40 warm bodies (only slight hyperbole). They weren't that good; they were just numerous.

To Rhule's credit he developed some good players from that group, but I don't think anybody around baylor looked at that class as the start of something great in any way.

Eight

And possibly 2018 Baylor. The 2017 class was mid-pack rating-wise in conference since they had to replace 2 recruiting classes in one year and signed 40 warm bodies (only slight hyperbole). They weren't that good; they were just numerous.

To Rhule's credit he developed some good players from that group, but I don't think anybody around baylor looked at that class as the start of something great in any way.

baylor's 2017 class is average, but not bad as a comparative might end up being better than tcu's 2017 class when you consider 11 of the frogs 24 signings have either transferred out or were juco's any exhausted their eligibility without making much of an impact for the frogs.

frogs have hit big on some of those recruits, but there is little depth outside of defensive tackle provided by the class at this time.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.

Won't be sad to see him go.

6ADLV4r.gif

Eight

And he’ll be looking for a college job within 3 years after getting fired in Charlotte.

why, he would still have 4-years left on his contract with the panthers?

estimated in the era of $8.5 M a year so if someone wanted to pay me $30+M to go away i would be happy to listen to them.

dawg

I think a Sonny Dykes at Baylor is much more dangerous than Rhule. Dykes has a better offense, better assistant coaches, better at recruiting, and has a passion for southwest football.

This. Unless he's holding out for Tech (hell, maybe even us when GP hangs em up), Sonny would do really well at Baylor. Proven he can recruit Texas and can coach 'em up at the G5 level @ SMOO, where no one has won since the 50s without massive institutional cheating. He'd do well at any P5 school in Texas.

ftwfrog

There is one post on there that is beyond disgusting, even for baylol standards.
I’m glad Matt Rhule is leaving because Baylor doesn’t deserve him as a head coach. Is he a legendary coach like GP or on the same page as Lincoln? No. But after the circus that the country had to observe with Briles from the gang rape cover-ups, to the ignoring of Title IX, to Incarnate Word, to Pappadeaux, to Sam Ukwachu, to calling out Chris Peterson, to “head-to-head”, to players threatening our coach at midfield, to “get up god dammit!”, to the #CAB t-shirts...this fan base did not deserve a bowl game. And certainly didn’t deserve an 11-win season or NY6 bowl.

These players and coaches weren’t there from 2008-2015 and it’s a good story for Rhule and his team, but those [ Finebaum ]ty fans deserve 1-11 for a decade or more. See ya Rhule. I hope you win a Super Bowl in Carolina and that Baylor falls back into irrelevance.