• The KillerFrogs

Doug Meacham returning to the staff [MOD EDIT: Now Official]

Eight

if he isn't bringing college boykin and doctson and that OL with him, not sure he can recreate that magic...

the more i have looked at this the more i am convinced the big keys were boykin and the group of receivers in 2014.

2016 the offensive line was comprised of 5 nfl players, the quarterback was kenny hill, and the top 3 receivers were taj williams, john diarse, and kevonte' turpin (kyle hicks actually led the team in catches that year)

in conference play that year the frogs offense ranked:

8th in scoring offense
9th in passing offense
8th in total offense
8th in passing efficiency
6th in rushing offense
9th in red zone offense
9th in first downs
9th in 3rd down conversions

i realize some see cumbie, meacham, and anderson and think 2014 but somehow forget 2016

so is duggan better than 2016 kenny hill?

the receivers better?

the offensive line better than a line that featured noteboom, morris, schlottman, pryor, and collins?

hiphopfroggy

Scared to cut bait on a bad investment and throwing more $ at it. Chicken [ Finebaum ] , even if there is some improvement, which isn't saying much, it will never be enough to get TCU where it wants to be.

Wexahu

the more i have looked at this the more i am convinced the big keys were boykin and the group of receivers in 2014.

2016 the offensive line was comprised of 5 nfl players, the quarterback was kenny hill, and the top 3 receivers were taj williams, john diarse, and kevonte' turpin (kyle hicks actually led the team in catches that year)

in conference play that year the frogs offense ranked:

8th in scoring offense
9th in passing offense
8th in total offense
8th in passing efficiency
6th in rushing offense
9th in red zone offense
9th in first downs
9th in 3rd down conversions

i realize some see cumbie, meacham, and anderson and think 2014 but somehow forget 2016

so is duggan better than 2016 kenny hill?

the receivers better?

the offensive line better than a line that featured noteboom, morris, schlottman, pryor, and collins?

I'm not too excited, mainly because I still see a major divide between the head coach and Cumbie/Meacham in terms of offensive philosophy. Just don't see how this makes sense, seems like we're trying to turn back the clock when everyone else is looking forward. And I really don't want to see all shotgun, 4-5 wide on every play, and trying to go fast all the time, and I kind of doubt GP does either.

Eight

I'm not too excited, mainly because I still see a major divide between the head coach and Cumbie/Meacham in terms of offensive philosophy. Just don't see how this makes sense, seems like we're trying to turn back the clock when everyone else is looking forward. And I really don't want to see all shotgun, 4-5 wide on every play, and trying to go fast all the time, and I kind of doubt GP does either.

the achilles heel of the type of offense the frogs ran back in 2014-16 was defenses that were physical at the line of scrimmage and secondaries that challenged receivers.

guess which way the big 12 has been trending defensively?

Eight

He’s going to be the inside receivers coach. But you guys with the doom and gloom attitude about how bad we were when he was calling plays...y’all keep it up. You’re doing great.

so i made up all those numbers from 2016?

they were an anomaly?

10 points and 300 yards at morgnatown, the kansas game the frogs should have lost, the ok state game where the frogs scored 6 points and less than 350 yards of total offense, and the double ot loss to tech.

funny, games like this in 2019 have people screaming for cumbie's head and we are supposed to be excited that the guy who help engineer those games in 2016 are coming back.

i forget, selective memory allows us to forget 2016 and focus on 2014.

Frog-in-law1995

so i made up all those numbers from 2016?

they were an anomaly?

10 points and 300 yards at morgnatown, the kansas game the frogs should have lost, the ok state game where the frogs scored 6 points and less than 350 yards of total offense, and the double ot loss to tech.

funny, games like this in 2019 have people screaming for cumbie's head and we are supposed to be excited that the guy who help engineer those games in 2016 are coming back.

He’s the inside receivers coach. But keep on being negative about everything. It’s fun to read.

If this happens, it doesn’t feel like an inspiring hire to bring new concepts to the offense nor does it seem like a bad hire. At the very least, he’ll be an upgrade as the inside receivers’ coach. As to the Anderson hire at OL, I’m trying to look at the bright side.

Sorry to get your hopes up, there is no bright side.

jake102

He was here three years: 2014, 2015 and 2016. Two of those years were awesome. Do I think there was some lightning in the bottle? Absolutely. Did he just get hired as the new OC to re-design the offensive philosophy? Nope, he did not.

Eight

Y'all are too caught up in the offensive scheme and less focused on the fact we are getting a proven coach. He isn't the OC. His first job will be to help develop his position group and recruit.

the scheme was bad last year and there is nothing that shows anything has been done to address those problems other than trying to go back when other programs move forward.

peabody-2.png

Eight

He was here three years: 2014, 2015 and 2016. Two of those years were awesome. Do I think there was some lightning in the bottle? Absolutely. Did he just get hired as the new OC to re-design the offensive philosophy? Nope, he did not.

boykin was here along with doctson, the other receivers, and 5 nfl caliber offensive linemen.

in 2016 you still had the offensive linemen without boykin and the receivers. tell me how that worked out.

Eight

He’s the inside receivers coach. But keep on being negative about everything. It’s fun to read.

nice answer to any question posted to you and if you think he will not have any input into the offense and sonny will solely be responsible for the offense.....

well i can see why you can have such a positive view on this.

Frog-in-law1995

nice answer to any question posted to you and if you think he will not have any input into the offense and sonny will solely be responsible for the offense.....

well i can see why you can have such a positive view on this.

Your questions are irrelevant. Meach is not going to be calling plays this time around. He is going to be coaching inside receivers, which he does very well. Thus, this is a good thing for TCU. Sorry if that upsets you.