• The KillerFrogs

2019-20 bowl games thread

froginmn

Looking forward to watching the Rose Parade this morning for memories, then watching Minnesota in the Outback, the Rose, then the Sugar.

Time to get reeeeal comfortable on the couch.

Happy New Year!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Should have listened to the VT radio call. Gotta say I was entertained with the pxp fella. At times he deployed an impressive range of vocabulary and at other times resorted to slang: “A gentleman below us is showing the double bird to our head official who has been nothing if not polite today. I hope his agitation resolves and probably will if this targeting call is reversed as it should be.”
I listened to that feed on the way out to the Ranch yesterday. I thought they were a very good crew.
The Navy broadcast crew were pretty funny to start off their broadcast, saying that their normal accommodations "had a limit of three persons due to the fire code." The Bowl Game broadcasters box they were stationed in was "much roomier!"

berryfrog95

If year after year you bet against teams who had a chance to make playoffs in CCG weekend and blew it, you’d make good money.

Biggest factor in bowl games isn’t talent and how good a team is, but motivation.

I expect Baylor to at least cover against UGA if not win outright
Great point.......That Baylor line is now 4.5, with up to 13 and counting Georgia players not participating.

Ron Swanson

If year after year you bet against teams who had a chance to make playoffs in CCG weekend and blew it, you’d make good money.

Biggest factor in bowl games isn’t talent and how good a team is, but motivation.

I expect Baylor to at least cover against UGA if not win outright
I’m a big believer in this theory but I can’t bring myself to bet on Baylor here, especially with such a small spread. At 4 1/2 you’re basically betting on them to win and I just can’t do that in good conscience.

You also have to factor in that Georgia lost to Texas last year. That could’ve been a wake up call and they don’t want to lose this game two years in a row.

Mean Purple

Putt4Purple

I’m a big believer in this theory but I can’t bring myself to bet on Baylor here, especially with such a small spread. At 4 1/2 you’re basically betting on them to win and I just can’t do that in good conscience.

You also have to factor in that Georgia lost to Texas last year. That could’ve been a wake up call and they don’t want to lose this game two years in a row.

If Georgia was was so motivated more players would be playing! No, I see Baylor covering if not winning outright.

Mean Purple

If Georgia was was so motivated more players would be playing! No, I see Baylor covering if not winning outright.
I don't think most of the kids sitting out are due to saving themselves for the nfl, etc. At least 4 are injuries. There is reportedly and undisclosed number of players who are out to academics or substance tests. Before the "undisclosed" listings got released, it was thought they were only down 5 players.

Mean Purple

The prices for tickets for the Sugar Bowl are sorta surprisingly low. Really great seats close to mid field for really low bucks when compared to other major bowls. On both sides of the field.

froginmn

Looks like Minnesota will be without their biggest OL. RT Daniel Faalele, a 6'9" 400 pound sophomore who was recruited by Alabama and LSU among others, was a game time decision. Hope he gets in. # 78... Yes, you read the weight correctly.

Mean Purple

Looks like Minnesota will be without their biggest OL. RT Daniel Faalele, a 6'9" 400 pound sophomore who was recruited by Alabama and LSU among others, was a game time decision. Hope he gets in. # 78... Yes, you read the weight correctly.
Watched him this season. Even on a tv away shots, you could tell the guy was at least that tall. Did not know he was out. Bummer.

In terms of the motivation factor, UGA’s backups that haven’t played that much could well be pretty motivated now that they’re getting a chance to play. If that’s the case, then I guess we’ll see if UGA’s backups are better than Baylor’s starters. The UGA offense looked pretty sluggish down the stretch so it wouldn’t surprise me for Baylor to at least be able to hang around and keep it a game.

TX_Krötenechse

Michigan is driving more or less at will and the CBS crew is talking about whether Bama is a playoff team if Tua doesn’t get hurt. The SEC apologists are already out between Tua’s injury and Georgia’s players sitting out (see how they categorize injuries and don’t mention any of Baylor’s injured players).