• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Looking weak 2019 Bowl season

To
Happy to see OU get completely humiliated. The Iowa State/ Notre Dame result was somewhat depressing to me. Iowa State physically dominated TCU, and they ended up a 7-6 team that didn't belong on the same field as Notre Dame. I know single game comparisons are often misleading, but the overwhelming evidence at this point is that the Big 12 sucked in 2019, TCU was one of the worst teams in the conference, and has made zero moves that make me think things will get much better next year. I mean, I can come up with a scenario where TCU is sort of good in 2020, that just doesn't look like the way things are trending.
Top to bottom OU lost their composure

And, Oklahoma St. was without their QB and would have beaten the Aggies if he played, close as it was.

Baylor is going to get the piss beat out of them.

Iowa St. - maybe Campbell is overrated - they got curb stomped and ND is no powerhouse.

Texas - Willingham is the better coach, sorry UT, another loss.

OU, what can you say and I don't think it is so much a difference in coaching it's a huge talent gap. You put that high grade talent with good coaching and......bam!

Baylor might be the only team that can win this bowl season being that UGA is leaving all of their starters at home. UGA's key players are staying home. Georgia playing all new players. So this being the most important game of Baylor's existence will have a significant advantage.

Kansas State vs Navy might be a chance Big 12 has. We shall see.

Wexahu

Baylor might be the only team that can win this bowl season being that UGA is leaving all of their starters at home. UGA's key players are staying home. Georgia playing all new players. So this being the most important game of Baylor's existence will have a significant advantage.

Kansas State vs Navy might be a chance Big 12 has. We shall see.

All of them? Are you sure?

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
So this being the most important game of Baylor's existence
ukdu3IH.gif

PO Frog

If you want to play in the big boy bowls, you're going to play the big boys. This post doesn't even make sense. If the Big 12 teams got stuck in lesser bowls against lesser opponents, then would you be happy?

Iowa State had no business in the bowl against ND. The only potential win I see for the Big 12 is K State in the Liberty Bowl and that's a big if against a very good Navy team. The Big 12 just isn't very strong this year. It's one of those years.
Speaking of not making sense, you say you don’t understand his point and then you basically make his point by saying Iowa State has no business in the bowl against ND. That was his point.

Speaking of not making sense, you say you don’t understand his point and then you basically make his point by saying Iowa State has no business in the bowl against ND. That was his point.
That wasn't his point at all and I happened to agree on that one lone game. He made a general statement about the Big 12. Point is the Big 12 top to bottom just isn't very good this year. Anyone the Big 12 teams play are likely better this year with, as I said, the exception being Liberty Bowl with K State and Navy. So unless you want the Big 12 to not be in any bowl games, they are going to be mismatched this year.

Wexahu

That wasn't his point at all and I happened to agree on that one lone game. He made a general statement about the Big 12. Point is the Big 12 top to bottom just isn't very good this year. Anyone the Big 12 teams play are likely better this year with, as I said, the exception being Liberty Bowl with K State and Navy. So unless you want the Big 12 to not be in any bowl games, they are going to be mismatched this year.

Everyone seems to want to play mediocre teams in good bowl games. It doesn’t work that way usually.

Jackson

Add K-State to the list of sorry Big XII Teams. They lost to Navy on a FG with 3 seconds left on the clock but the score wasn’t indicative of the game as Navy put up 400+ yards of offense to KSU’s 180. KSU had 58 yds rushing to Navy’s 320!
This is worst season I’ve witnessed in my 40+ years watching the Big XII. From top to bottom the teams all fail to execute basic fundamentals....starting with snapping the ball from Center to Qb! Absolutely pitiful football only comparable to the hapless Pac X.

Eight

Add K-State to the list of sorry Big XII Teams. They lost to Navy on a FG with 3 seconds left on the clock but the score wasn’t indicative of the game as Navy put up 400+ yards of offense to KSU’s 180. KSU had 58 yds rushing to Navy’s 320!
This is worst season I’ve witnessed in my 40+ years watching the Big XII. From top to bottom the teams all fail to execute basic fundamentals....starting with snapping the ball from Center to Qb! Absolutely pitiful football only comparable to the hapless Pac X.

40 years of big 12 football?

bc puckett

1996 to 2019 = 40 plus years of Big XII football? Must be new math