• The KillerFrogs

Anderson to be OL coach.

Eight

I can't think of any of the on field coaches that are 60 or older but I guess math is hard.

considering gary is the oldest member of the staff at 59 i am fairly sure it was a mathematical impossibility and another case of Internet hyperbole .

funny thing is the belief that youth means creativity and this offense specifically wouldn't benefit from someone with experience designing and implementing an effective offense

CryptoMiner

It will be great to have our staff averaging 60 years old sitting around talking about how dumb analytics are. Can’t wait to get Jerry into the building.

We have two offense analysts and one on defense in addition to the video analysis staff.

CGP has run data analysis for years and team runs through complete team tendencies and averages on every game.

jake102

We have two offense analysts and one on defense in addition to the video analysis staff.

CGP has run data analysis for years and team runs through complete team tendencies and averages on every game.

We routinely incorrectly punt/kick/etc in statistically proven situations. I mean for Gods sake we kicked like a 58 yard FG instead of throwing a hail mary

jake102

We routinely incorrectly punt/kick/etc in statistically proven situations. I mean for Gods sake we kicked like a 58 yard FG instead of throwing a hail mary

texas_sicilian

Serious question, as I’m not familiar with how it fully works on the sidelines, but can you really solely rely on that? Presumably that is more for directional purposes, correct?

Wexahu

We don’t go for it near enough on 4th down IMO but with how abysmal our offense is at times I think the percentages need to be adjusted sometimes. But yeah, attempting a 58-yarder is almost never smart.

texas_sicilian

We don’t go for it near enough on 4th down IMO but with how abysmal our offense is at times I think the percentages need to be adjusted sometimes. But yeah, attempting a 58-yarder is almost never smart.
Agree. We are way too conservative, and while it might be safe, it erodes confidence on the offense that there is any faith in them to convert.

Perhaps that is warranted, statistically, but sometimes that spark can make all the difference.

Worth stating again, but if GP’s super secret plan is to bring in Jerry Kill to help breath life into the Frogs impotent offense as a special advisor or analyst while keeping Cumbie as OC/Anderson as OL Coach lmao then he has given up and is going through the motions to run out clock on his career. Given the coaching or lack there of and the player departures next season doesn’t look promising. Not hard to imagine the Frogs going 4-8 or worse given culture. Hopefully Jerry, is not the answer and GP is going to commit to change not just window dressing.

CryptoMiner

Worth stating again, but if GP’s super secret plan is to bring in Jerry Kill to help breath life into the Frogs impotent offense as a special advisor or analyst while keeping Cumbie as OC/Anderson as OL Coach lmao then he has given up and is going through the motions to run out clock on his career. Given the coaching or lack there of and the player departures next season doesn’t look promising. Not hard to imagine the Frogs going 4-8 or worse given culture. Hopefully Jerry, is not the answer and GP is going to commit to change not just window dressing.

Why was that worth repeating?

Because to many people think GP is a god and have blind faith when TCU is in a downward spiral. It’s time to change the culture not bring your best friend on board. Bobby Bowden and Joe Pa were football gods and face of FSU/Penn State until the game got away from them and culture soured and I’m not referring to the sex abuse case with Joe Pa. Those coaches had the their die hard defenders as well and had become almost untouchable no matter how far the programs crumbled.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

Data is simply data. What is important is what you do with it.

It is evident that the Offensive brain trust was unable/unwilling to utilize opposition tendencies against them. Moreover, in game adjustments based on prior observation was nonexistent. Therefore, on the Offensive side of the ball, analytics were ineffective. This is not the fault of the analyst or the metrics by which their information was gathered and presented but, instead the fault of the persons who took the data and were unable to grasp how to do anything with it.

You can't fix stupid.

We are in for a truly grotesque year ahead...

Frog-in-law1995

Because to many people think GP is a god and have blind faith when TCU is in a downward spiral. It’s time to change the culture not bring your best friend on board. Bobby Bowden and Joe Pa were football gods and face of FSU/Penn State until the game got away from them and culture soured and I’m not referring to the sex abuse case with Joe Pa. Those coaches had the their die hard defenders as well and had become almost untouchable no matter how far the programs crumbled.

Penn State was 8-1 when JoePa was fired mid-season and had won 11 games twice in the previous 3 seasons.

PO Frog

averaging 60 years of age?
Are you autistic? Do you really think I went and determined the average age of our coaches or do you think I was making a joke about bringing in an old coach who has never run anything more exotic than the I formation? We clearly don’t use analytics, whether we have the data or not. Bringing in more old guys is not going to be a change for the better on that score.

CountryFrog

Are you autistic? Do you really think I went and determined the average age of our coaches or do you think I was making a joke about bringing in an old coach who has never run anything more exotic than the I formation? We clearly don’t use analytics, whether we have the data or not. Bringing in more old guys is not going to be a change for the better on that score.
EVERYONE uses analytics. There's not a single D1 or NFL team out there who doesn't use it. Now you may not agree with some of the decision making but that doesn't mean there are no analytics being looked at. There's a big difference between something not being used the way you think it should (and you may well be right in some areas) and something not being used at all.

Or maybe you're just joking again. It's hard to keep straight what you mean and don't mean on this subject.

Last edited: