• The KillerFrogs

Anderson to be OL coach.

GP built TCU up but he is gonna run it into the ground now. Keep OC who is architect of TCU’s explosive lol 8th ranked offense in big 12 and only getting worse with each passing year. Now moving Anderson to OL Coach so he can somehow make the unit worse. Next season is going to be a unmitigated disaster and historic low for CGP but I guess he wants to go out his way.

Mean Purple

GP built TCU up but he is gonna run it into the ground now. Keep OC who is architect of TCU’s explosive lol 8th ranked offense in big 12 and only getting worse with each passing year. Now moving Anderson to OL Coach so he can somehow make the unit worse. Next season is going to be a unmitigated disaster and historic low for CGP but I guess he wants to go out his way.
I think the hope of everybody is that it turns out better because of the thought of the second biggest coach in school history finding himself on the hot seat next season is just about the worst way for it to go down.
One way to look at it is that the recruiting of the past seasons brings talent, so JA will at least get a couple of good years like he did when he took over O line the last time.

Mean Purple

i don't think we see gary hire a completely new oc, but as we saw with burns and anderson he isn't opposed to removing titles and keeping people on staff.

not sure how cumbie would react to such a move as he is much younger than burns and anderson were at that point in their careers and i am not sure how that looks on a resume for someone who wants to be a head coach some day.

hiring someone like a hayes-stoker to wr/co-oc/passing game coordinator gives you a similar structure on paper to what we saw we cumbie and luper with the big key being how do they get along and share ideas with each other.
I don't see GP removing or demoting Cumbie. He feels Cumbie will be a head coach some day.

Sebastian S

I’d love to be Gp’s social media reporting person.

so... coach... this is the reaction we got from your move.

and as much as you think he doesn’t care, I am sure he, or at least someone on staff, monitors this message forum and one way or another, reports to him.

Eight

and as much as you think he doesn’t care, I am sure he, or at least someone on staff, monitors this message forum and one way or another, reports to him.

i am sure they have someone monitors forum etc...but i really don't believe gary gives a [ Finebaum ] about what the people of forums, twitter, etc... think of him especially as long as you have the deep pockets lighting candles at his statue

Tumbleweed

what would have taken place if Luper and Thomsen stayed.? Still think Cumbie stays but with a bone thrown in to appease (somewhat) KFC board.

In review with AD-- I'm the head coach, is this right or is it wrong. Gary your still our coach. Okay I'm making decisions on coach's, right? Yes... Fine this review is over with then..

And...the well just got deeper.

No threat with this statement just facts as I see them. Patterson needs to get control on a number of issues. Flexibility is certainly at the top of the list and if next season sees a repeat or a continuing trend well, that seat he's sitting in and that 25,000. table in his office may see different personnel!

Mean Purple

i am sure they have someone monitors forum etc...but i really don't believe gary gives a [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] about what the people of forums, twitter, etc... think of him especially as long as you have the deep pockets lighting candles at his statue
yeah, most coaches don't worry about forums unless somebody bad mouths a player or recruit and a parent calls him to voice concern. it is the big money guys in the room coaches have to keep happy.

Tumbleweed

Gary wasn't raised to quit or to be fired. By now he realizes he's in warm water and some changes need to be put in place. At this point I'm not talking about personnel.

BTW in case you didn't know, Patterson has someone in the office keeping track of our frustration. This is not a new assignment but has been procedure for quite some time.

Big Frog II

I nominate this the most embarrassing meltdown thread in kfc history.
I wouldn't call it embarrassing. We are just very concerned after the offense we have seen the last two years. If we had just an average offense, we very well might have been playing in the Big 12 Championship game this year with a freshman QB. We were that close, but our offense was so incredibly bad that our team didn't have much of a chance.

Most of us believe big changes need to be made on this side of the ball, and until we see them expect our fans to be unhappy. We still have a chance to change this offense, and we very well may be waiting for some of these candidates to finish their bowl game. We have some talent. They just need better direction.

Dogfrog

I wouldn't call it embarrassing. We are just very concerned after the offense we have seen the last two years. If we had just an average offense, we very well might have been playing in the Big 12 Championship game this year with a freshman QB. We were that close, but our offense was so incredibly bad that our team didn't have much of a chance.

Most of us believe big changes need to be made on this side of the ball, and until we see them expect our fans to be unhappy. We still have a chance to change this offense, and we very well may be waiting for some of these candidates to finish their bowl game. We have some talent. They just need better direction.

I don’t disagree with any of this but the thread is still embarrassing.

Paint It Purple

If CGP gives a rat’s behind what this board thinks and writes; he’s in real trouble.

There is a continuation of double talk and misdirection coming out of our football program via Donati and GP, referring to the Startlegram article on the interview with Donati. Donati said that he and GP have been working on the football situation for several months and that TCU has the resources available to accomplish their mission.

Now, think about what that article was focusing on and the immediate results we get with the Anderson move. We must not really have the resources Donati was adamant about because it is very doubtful that a national search was done to hire the best offensive line coach we could find. This is what depresses me more than anything about our program. Too much coverup, misdirection, and sleight of hand.
I don’t think any of this has anything to do with resources. JD said we have the resources to do what we need to do but also said he wasn’t going to interfere in GP making personnel decisions for the program. This is all about the latter and has no relation to the former. If GP wanted a new OC and a proven, experienced OL coach, he would have those things. Instead, he wanted Anderson so that’s what he has.