• The KillerFrogs

Anderson to be OL coach.

Eight

I stated in another thread that it appears that our offense operates like 4 separate units with no cohesion. Part of that problem might be coaches that all have a different philosophy and refuse to be submitted to one plan. Cumbie may have been working under such a situation. Perhaps Anderson is willing to get on board and bring some coordination. Guess we'll see but in CGP I trust.

there is a reason why you have to left your coordinators have say with their staffs.

there is a reason you need to have at least one person involved with the offense who knows how to structure an offense from the scheme to what is expected of the position groups to recruiting to player development.

since the frogs joined the big 12 there were two periods of time when the frogs showed that they had a structured, thought out, and executed offensive plan, 2014-15 and 2017.

what is interesting is two players who were integral in those offenses are no longer involved with the program.. additionally, two of the staff members who were in critical positions of developing an offense in 2012-13 and 2018-19 and delivered some of the worst offenses in gary's tenure are still on staff.

the elephant in the room is who will provide the structure and design we saw in 2014-15 and 2017?

this is why moving anderson back to offensive line is so frustrating. you have a chance to introduce some new ideas, some new thoughts, some structure and instead we get leftovers.

Realtorfrog

He certainly didn’t help the inside receivers and the OL was pretty good when he had them!! We still have to make two big outside hires!

StinnettFrog

Not that I know more than any other poster here, but my thought is there is a reason that Patterson is the coach and not any of us. Apparently he has a track record of making the right decisions. While I may not understand why he is putting people where he is, I will take it on faith that he has a good reason to believe it will lead to success.

netty2424

True.

The thing I'm having trouble making sense of is our offensive line in 2014-2016 under Anderson's watch was better than what we saw under Thomsen these past few years.
I don’t think anyone really knows how good or bad position coaches really are. The optics aren’t great as GP continues to rotate them, but if the line was better while he was at the helm, why bring in CT to begin with? Then only to go back to him after he leaves. It’s strange.

texas_sicilian

I don’t think anyone really knows how good or bad position coaches really are. The optics aren’t great as GP continues to rotate them, but if the line was better while he was at the helm, why bring in CT to begin with? Then only to go back to him after he leaves. It’s strange.
Man, I just wish we could hear from CGP on this. Maybe he feels he doesn’t owe an explanation to fans (some that pay a LOT), but at least throw in a press quote that lays a hint at your rationale to give the public some sense of the logic here. Otherwise, it does just look like a big middle finger.

researchfrog

True.

The thing I'm having trouble making sense of is our offensive line in 2014-2016 under Anderson's watch was better than what we saw under Thomsen these past few years.

Lots of possibilities. A good GA. A holdover effect of the good fundamentals from the Williamson era. Good luck with injuries. Better recruiting at the position 4-5 years before 2014-2015 than five years ago. An easier scheme.

The big question I had about Anderson as an O-line coach was whether good recruits would view him as a coach who could put them in the league. I don't know the answer. And Bailey's decommit doesn't really answer it one way or the other, maybe.

AroundWorldFrog

It almost feels like GP is trolling us at this point.

“Oh you fans want coaching changes on the offense side of the ball? Well how about I not only don’t make changes, but I move Anderson to be the most important position coaching position on the team. How do you like that?”

With that being said, GP teams have ALWAYS followed up losing seasons with 11+ win seasons. GP has always turned it around in the past, so I’m not going to question his judgement now. If this is what he thinks we need to do to win games and compete for championships, then I will trust GP.

2004: 5-6
2005: 11-1

2013: 4-8
2014: 12-1

2016: 6-7
2017: 11-2

GP knows what he’s doing and he knows what this team needs.
You thought Baylor was going to the CFP too.

y2kFrog

QQqrg11

Oops...

You could say that about Baylor's entire recruiting class.