• The KillerFrogs

Anderson to be OL coach.

Eight

Funny how everyone always talks tough about dumping tickets. But there were very few open season tickets when I went to renew in basketball this year and likewise in football.

The teams choice in OL coach is not going to impact the bottom line at all. I’d imagine 45,000 of the 50,000 ticket holders couldn’t care less or even know who the OL coach is.

course not since according to many they aren't tcu alums

CountryFrog

Funny how everyone always talks tough about dumping tickets. But there were very few open season tickets when I went to renew in basketball this year and likewise in football.

The teams choice in OL coach is not going to impact the bottom line at all. I’d imagine 45,000 of the 50,000 ticket holders couldn’t care less or even know who the OL coach is.
It won't have a direct impact, but if our OL continues to be absolute crap despite the fact that we seem to have good talent there then we'll likely continue to not win a lot of games and THAT will absolutely effect attendance over time. I'd say we're one mediocre season away from seeing a significant impact.

Wexahu

It won't have a direct impact, but if our OL continues to be absolute crap despite the fact that we seem to have good talent there then we'll likely continue to not win a lot of games and THAT will absolutely effect attendance over time. I'd say we're one mediocre season away from seeing a significant impact.

True.

The thing I'm having trouble making sense of is our offensive line in 2014-2016 under Anderson's watch was better than what we saw under Thomsen these past few years.

Bob

Cal defensive coordinator just heard the news

200.webp

CountryFrog

True.

The thing I'm having trouble making sense of is our offensive line in 2014-2016 under Anderson's watch was better than what we saw under Thomsen these past few years.
I wasn't personally a huge believer in Thomsen because of exactly this. Not sure how much credit Anderson actually gets according to the things that have been said for any of our better O-lines, though, so I'm in no way optimistic about this.

ftwfrog

Somethings don’t make sense .

Malcolm Kelly. WR coach. Former WR
Zarnell Fitch, DLine coach. Former DLineman
Jeremy Modkins, cornerbacks coach, Former DB
Chad Glasgow, Linebackers coach, Former LB
Rusty Burns, special teams coach, Former QB
Jarret Anderson, Offensive line coach, Former DLineman

Eight

True.

i would say the 2017 line was actually a very good line and comparable.

important to remember as well as what was asked of the offensive line in the scheme in 2014 and 2105 was fairly basic as there was as much an emphasis on using the line splits and tempo (running a true hunh) as there was technique and scheme in the run game.

the frogs were a pass first offense and that started to change in 2017.

i am not saying thomsen's lines played good the past few seasons, but they one big advantage the 2014 and 2015 lines had going for them was there was an offensive plan and that hasn't been the case the past two years

Eight

OL took a huge step back this year so yeah I’m not sure it’s the worst move ever but still not one I’m a huge fan of

somethings have to change in this offense, but the concern for me is simply i will not buy this was the best possible candidate to fill the slot and i can't imagine sonny coming to gary and saying he doesn't want to go get an o-line coach and instead move back the guy who he replaced with thomsen.

the 2014 rebound came with significant offensive staff changes and so did 2017.

this is a return to what you know and that isn't good when the the offense has struggled more years than not.

4th. down

Literally makes me want to puke.

I was trying to be optimistic going into Spring ball and then I read Donati's Treatise on the football State of the Union and how he and GP have been working on it for months........and now this is it? This is worse than losing to Texas, TT, and Baylor on consecutive weekends. If GP/Donati really wanted to turn the fan base against them, move Anderson to Offensive Line Coach, Presto!

True.

I’m not wrecked by this move unless it is a clue to GP’s approach to the bigger question of the offensive problems. I can live with Anderson at OL