• The KillerFrogs

Luper looks headed to Mizzou....

Wexahu

I think whoever we bring in needs be able to fill the vacuum as a recruiter as much as he does replace Luper the coach.

Yep. Could be an opportunity to land a couple more good ones in February if we bring in an ace recruiter. Let’s be honest, coaching RBs isn’t the most difficult job. It’s probably the position that requires less coaching than any other.

Froggish

What’s the deal with former TCU guys and Mizz?

There’s going to be some bummed out young RBs in the locker room at TCU. They really love Lupe. He’s a good man and I’m happy for him.

He will be really hard to replace as steady father figure and a recruiter.

Ron Swanson

I think whoever we bring in needs be able to fill the vacuum as a recruiter as much as he does replace Luper the coach.
Yeah, I imagine recruiting is 90% of Luper’s job. I don’t know how involved he is with the OC responsibility, but I’ve always been under the impression that Cumbie does the lion’s share of coordinating the offense.

And then being a RBs coach is kind of like being a running coach. Sure, you can make a difference, but 95% of it is about who you’re coaching.

Moose Stuff

What’s the deal with former TCU guys and Mizz?

There’s going to be some bummed out young RBs in the locker room at TCU. They really love Lupe. He’s a good man and I’m happy for him.

He will be really hard to replace as steady father figure and a recruiter.

As I noted in another thread I’d kick the tires on former TCU RB Andrew Hayes Stoker at Illinois.

Definitely no ill will from me toward Lupe. He was good for us and has more than earned the right to be an OC on his own (although I suspect Drinkwitz runs that offense).

Froggish

Thomsen is a fine coach, was successful at ACU and is close to Cumbie. Could be ideal to pair them.
He’s been on staff now for 3 years..He’s already paired with Cumbie..Im not sure why giving him an CO-OC title would do anything for our offensive output. Are you saying he doesn’t have any input now? I highly doubt that

berryfrog95

Luper > Cumbie on the recruiting trail. He’ll be tough to replace but I’ll reserve judgement until we see the staff adjustments etc.

robbroyy

Count me as one excited to see another style of RB. I hated the way the RBs got to the line and danced looking for the hole. Be decisive. If the hole is completely closed the. Go somewhere else but there was too much tap dancing in the backfield.