• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football bracing for possible staff departures

4th. down

The shame of it is none of us know who the weak links are on the offensive staff. It is hard to bring in good offensive coaches when, In my opinion, Gary has put the clamps on this offense.

Yeah, who knows how Sonny could do in a different environment? He may get his chance, sooner than some of us think, as he goes thru the interview process. At any rate, we all know he's a great guy and wish him well, if he decides to accept an offer. He has had some HC interviews.

Last edited:

Froglaw

Our players were underperforming ALL year. Motivation, primadonnas, lazy, this and more. Transfers from the program(s) are abundant and not just football; but this is about Gary's program.

It's a start anyway. Good luck toads your house needs fixing.

You're a fan and I get that, but you dont understand college football.

Do we need some changes? Sure.

But you don't burn down the house because of a bad odor. You open the windows and throw out the old sandwich in the back of the fridge.

Go watch Last Chance U. National Championship one year, no playoffs the next year.

Same coaches, different players.

This was a down year in wins, but our Freshman play indicates a very good year in 2020.

Panic can kill a program.

Ask Pitt about losing CJD!

Moose Stuff

But you don't burn down the house because of a bad odor. You open the windows and throw out the old sandwich in the back of the fridge.

Go watch Last Chance U. National Championship one year, no playoffs the next year.

This was a down year in wins, but our Freshman play indicates a very good year in 2020.

Or just ask a TCU fan about Billy Tubbs.

McFroggin

we were senior heavy in 2019 with fewer younger class men starting than years past. That argues that we will be worse in 2020.

Pharm Frog

Let me rephrase that.... I think all those mentioned are assets to the staff. As far as the problem..... the offense is the problem. I’m not smart enough to know what the exact solution is.

I think the offense is the most prominent symptom of the problem for sure. I'm not at all convinced that the actual problem isn't programmatic. That said, in my experience, even if the root cause has little or nothing to do with a staff member or more, sometimes people have to leave the organization just to clear the deck for change.

Moose Stuff

we were senior heavy in 2019 with fewer younger class men starting than years past. That argues that we will be worse in 2020.

I would disagree that we were senior heavy. There were times in the last month when we had 7 freshmen on the field on defense. We also return our leading tackler, best safety, and a 3 year starter on the DL. If Ross returns...... yikes. Offense will see some losses for sure but the heaviest will be along the OL that was already awful so not sure how bad those losses hurt us. And I think Barlow and Foster easily replace Sewo and DA.

NewFrogFan

In the big corporate world, there are plenty of leaders who have been guilty of far worse than GP ever has been without any changes ever being made.

Yes, I have worked at a company that has done worse multiple times and the common thread is almost all the perps are disciples of the same guy that started it. I’m sure many of you have multiple stories of your own flying on one of the worst airlines year after year.

netty2424

Yeah, who knows how Sonny could do in a different environment? He may get his chance, sooner than some of us think, as he goes thru the interview process. At any rate, we all know he's a great guy and wish him well, if he decides to accept an offer. He has had some HC interviews.
Interviewed for HC positions this year? Or just in general?

4th. down

I would disagree that we were senior heavy. There were times in the last month when we had 7 freshmen on the field on defense. We also return our leading tackler, best safety, and a 3 year starter on the DL. If Ross returns...... yikes. Offense will see some losses for sure but the heaviest will be along the OL that was already awful so not sure how bad those losses hurt us. And I think Barlow and Foster easily replace Sewo and DA.
Interviewed for HC positions this year? Or just in general?

Recently didn't make the cut for UTSA.