• The KillerFrogs

Jett Duffy transferring

JackGreen

I wouldn’t say Duffy can’t throw.
Tech fan here. Jett has a strong arm, but he's consistently struggled with accuracy throwing downfield and with reading defenses. He looked like a lost cause under Kliff, which says something considering that for all his failings, Kliff has always excelled at QB coaching. And Kliff was the guy who wanted him and brought him to Lubbock.

I think Tech's OC (David Yost) did a good job with Jett by simplifying the offense. He called tons of WR screens, which were effective and made Jett's numbers look much better, even if they aren't particularly fun to watch in action. Jett's capable of throwing some nice passes, but he misses a lot of throws and will throw INTs if he has to throw the ball into tight windows. He think he'd do pretty well if he could find a G5 team that needs a dual threat QB.

Moose Stuff

Tech fan here. Jett has a strong arm, but he's consistently struggled with accuracy throwing downfield and with reading defenses. He looked like a lost cause under Kliff, which says something considering that for all his failings, Kliff has always excelled at QB coaching. And Kliff was the guy who wanted him and brought him to Lubbock.

I think Tech's OC (David Yost) did a good job with Jett by simplifying the offense. He called tons of WR screens, which were effective and made Jett's numbers look much better, even if they aren't particularly fun to watch in action. Jett's capable of throwing some nice passes, but he misses a lot of throws and will throw INTs if he has to throw the ball into tight windows. He think he'd do pretty well if he could find a G5 team that needs a dual threat QB.

Sounds like it has SMU written all over it, except that Beuchele has a year left I think.

ticketfrog123

You need heat to beat the defense. Not his fault our WRs can't catch. No excuse with the gloves they wear today. Catches should be automatic.

What would you say if an MLB pitcher threw a ball to first base (Call it 5 yards or halfway from mount to 1st) with a full motion instead of an underhand toss if both options are sufficient for an out?

Frog-in-law1995

What would you say if an MLB pitcher threw a ball to first base (Call it 5 yards or halfway from mount to 1st) with a full motion instead of an underhand toss if both options are sufficient for an out?

Are you suggesting a QB should throw screens and quick slants underhanded as long as the ball beats the defender there?

ticketfrog123

Are you suggesting a QB should throw screens and quick slants underhanded as long as the ball beats the defender there?

110% I think we would’ve won more games using the shovel pass and screens than whatever the hell we did this year.

Boykin sidearmed his throws sometimes. Maybe max is a true legend for granny shots or underhand throwing