• The KillerFrogs

Could GP be waiting for a Joe Brady type situation to develop?

FrogAbroad

Last year at this time no one that wasn’t a Saints fan had likely ever heard of Joe Brady. Ed brings him in to help the OC and away they go.

So we know that NFL teams have called GP for advice to help defend the spread and the passing schemes. Surely he may have an NFL contact that could do the same thing Brady did and is looking to make the same move. Faster way to get their name out there than work your way up over 5 years as a quality control guy in the NFL. Let Sonny stay and bring in some NFL help

Maybe GP is just waiting for the right oppertunity to become some franchise's defensive Joe Brady...

Paint It Purple

Ha Ha I think this is pretty true. He such a poor communicator that Frog fans are about the only folks that see his charm. Hell of a coach but doesn't sale himself or the program that well and I'm not sure that's a bad thing for TCU fans.
I have watched GP speak as you have for years. My take is that Gary’s mind is working 5.3758 seconds ahead of his speech, and his mind gets bored with his speech and is moving on to the next thing in these press encounters. Add to that; Gary isn’t interested in these mindless cliche strewn pressers. I would personally be fascinated to observe a football staff meeting or player meeting. I’m guessing you see a different Gary when he’s passionate about the subject (ie: football) (ie: defense). I know, I know: he’s a head coach

Horny4TCU

I could crap out a better game plan than Sunny Cumbie. I'm sure Patterson feels the same, and if he doesn't I'd be truly shocked.

What is probably happening, is Patterson will be the nice guy and give SC the chance to change in the off season. And that is what I'm afraid will be the case.

Froggish

I could crap out a better game plan than Sunny Cumbie. I'm sure Patterson feels the same, and if he doesn't I'd be truly shocked.

What is probably happening, is Patterson will be the nice guy and give SC the chance to change in the off season. And that is what I'm afraid will be the case.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like for a GP defense to face a SC offense..I can’t imagine how embarrassing that would be for SC

Horny4TCU

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like for a GP defense to face a SC offense..I can’t imagine how embarrassing that would be for SC
Same play three times, stopped each time behind the line of scrimmage. Then when it seems all is lost and it is 4th and long (assuming he can't punt), run play that goes no where.

Paint It Purple

Liked for 1st sentence. I laughed. Ha!

WhoDatFrog

Same play three times, stopped each time behind the line of scrimmage. Then when it seems all is lost and it is 4th and long (assuming he can't punt), run play that goes no where.

can’t punt? I guess fake punts aren’t an option then. You’re really eliminating any chances!

ShreveFrog

You know what they say about nice guys, right. Well we damn near finished last this year. And if you toss out Kansas and Tech's qb doesn't get hurt, we probably do. CoachP can't be that nice. He better not be or he can join SC in unemployment. Because I see no reason to expect improvement if we are status quo. I do expect the seat would be sizzling with another non-bowl season.

Last edited:

TRF51

I could see this being the case the last two years but it is obvious and the numbers don’t lie. We have a lot of talent and the coaching is not making the most of it. Especially on offense and if we don’t make a change we will be saying the same thing next year.

NewFrogFan

Tigers need to take care of business vs. OU so I can capitalize on my non-refundable room in Nola. As a Tiger fan second to my Frogs I think LSU could be just as good next year. I am not sold on Brennan yet, but the defense should be better and they still return every piece of the best WR corp in the country, sans maybe Jefferson. Not to mention Moss who is really coming on at TE. Then they return Clyde at running back. Brennan may not have the cerebral approach or running ability as Burrow but every other piece of their team should elevate him.

I am surprised I have not seen Jefferson on some mock drafts. I am afraid if Clyde comes back, someone else will leave, especially if they get Evans. The 5 star Fr RB this year was 3rd string or worse. As for Brennan, not many were “sold” on Burrow this time last year either. Good “problems” to have. Why cant Cumbie just watch LSU film more? He does NOTHING like Clemson, Osu or LSU.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I am surprised I have not seen Jefferson on some mock drafts. I am afraid if Clyde comes back, someone else will leave, especially if they get Evans. The 5 star Fr RB this year was 3rd string or worse. As for Brennan, not many were “sold” on Burrow this time last year either. Good “problems” to have. Why cant Cumbie just watch LSU film more? He does NOTHING like Clemson, Osu or LSU.
Plagiarism concerns?