• The KillerFrogs

Chris Thomsen to FSU....???

tcudoc

Internet rammar police are/is/wgaf related to suck my arse....
grammar-time.gif

Limey Frog

I don’t think Glasgow has done a poor job here at all, not sure why people are so anxious for him to leave. What am I missing? Most of our issues on defense over the years when we’ve had them have been personnel related IMO, not poor coaching.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like too many coaches on the defensive side are screwing up so much as that we lost something with Bump that hasn't been replaced. Sharp is currently on the D-line where Bump was for so long, and it seems like every unit he touches underperforms sooner or later. He's definitely on the "should be put out to pasture" list, but I wouldn't name Glasgow there. We were all pretty excited to get him back from Tech after his one-year Lubbock mistake.

Salfrog

Tier 1
I don’t think Glasgow has done a poor job here at all, not sure why people are so anxious for him to leave. What am I missing? Most of our issues on defense over the years when we’ve had them have been personnel related IMO, not poor coaching.

Glasgow has been a good safeties coach, but I think he is in over his head with coaching LB's also now. Cross was a better LB's coach before he left to become Missouri's DC. Cross should be coaching LB's, and let Glasgow concentrate on just safeties.

jake102

My only real complaints about defense is that it takes us a few too many games to get into a groove and we don't recruit nearly well enough on that side of the ball.

Eight

U

Our defense is littered with four star recruits and recruits that had several major offers at this point.

collectively the 2015-19 defensive recruiting classes rate very good, but if you look at some specific positions the ratings drop off and then when you compare the actual production and attrition it explains a great deal of what we saw at linebacker and defensive end this past season

look at the 2015-17 classes

defensive end
breylin mitchell
tipa galeai

isiah chambers
brandon bowen
matt boesen
gary overshown

dennis collins
michael epley
terrell cooper

two highest rated are chambers who transferred back to houston and bowen who can't stay health

mitchell got into trouble before he got to campus, tipa got in trouble on campus, overshown and collins never developed and transferred out.

the three most productive were boesen who was a late juco signee, epley who was summer signee and cooper who has blossomed at defensive tackle

linebacker
alec dunham
mike freeze
arico evans

tyree horton

alex bush
garret wallow

much like defensive end the highest rated recruit didn't pan out in horton, freeze left the program quickly, and i am not sure if bush ever played.

that leaves dunham as a special teams contributor and he played some as a senior, evans who was a late signee, and then wall.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
collectively the 2015-19 defensive recruiting classes rate very good, but if you look at some specific positions the ratings drop off and then when you compare the actual production and attrition it explains a great deal of what we saw at linebacker and defensive end this past season

defensive end
breylin mitchell
tipa galeai

isiah chambers
brandon bowen
matt boesen
gary overshown

dennis collins
michael epley
terrell cooper

two highest rated are chambers who transferred back to houston and bowen who can't stay health

mitchell got into trouble before he got to campus, tipa got in trouble on campus, overshown and collins never developed and transferred out.

the three most productive were boesen who was a late juco signee, epley who was summer signee and cooper who has blossomed at defensive tackle

linebacker
alec dunham
mike freeze
arico evans

tyree horton

alex bush
garret wallow

much like defensive end the highest rated recruit didn't pan out in horton, freeze left the program quickly, and i am not sure if bush ever played.

that leaves dunham as a special teams contributor and he played some as a senior, evans who was a late signee, and then wall.
That's a sobering list. Just how many kids were on our radar that, for some reason, were passed over in favor of the ones we did sign and blossomed elsewhere?

Player evaluation extends beyond "Can he run/jump?" We are blowing it on the intangibles. Big time...

4th. down

Glasgow has been a good safeties coach, but I think he is in over his head with coaching LB's also now. Cross was a better LB's coach before he left to become Missouri's DC. Cross should be coaching LB's, and let Glasgow concentrate on just safeties.

Yes and No, IMO. Yes he is not that good of a LB position coach but Gonzales has coached 2 great safeties and they still have room to get better, so leave him at safety IMO. Both should make All Big 12 in '20 and agree with you on Cross, he should be coaching LB. But.......here we are telling GP about his 4-2-5, kinda comical actually.

Armadillo

Damn you with your facts. This is an internet fan board. There no place for that crap!

defensive end
breylin mitchell
tipa galeai

isiah chambers
brandon bowen
matt boesen
gary overshown

dennis collins
michael epley
terrell cooper

linebacker
alec dunham
mike freeze
arico evans

tyree horton

alex bush
garret wallow