• The KillerFrogs

Coaching Carousel 2019/20

flyfishingfrog

Wasn’t me..I was the first guy to throw his name out and got bombed. Was told nobody would hire him because of his “skeletons”
It was probably me Moose is referring to - not sure it was your post actually but someone in the replace GP bandwagon said he was the guy to start with

my perspective is that he is a good coach, better than most in the G5 - but he is 38-15.

i would hope when we replace GP if it’s with someone who has dominated like we did - not someone 38-15

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

It was probably me Moose is referring to - not sure it was your post actually but someone in the replace GP bandwagon said he was the guy to start with

my perspective is that he is a good coach, better than most in the G5 - but he is 38-15.

i would hope when we replace GP if it’s with someone who has dominated like we did - not someone 38-15

More likely it was LVH who asked the board who they would hire if GP was gone and then made fun of every name that was thrown out while totally ignoring my multiple requests for him to name who actually WAS a good option.

Punter1

I watch a ton of college football and I’ve never heard of that guy. Not saying he’s no good.

Ol' boy looks like he he's straight outta the Arkansas hills. He was actually the Assoc HC for Arky back from 2013-2015 so they obviously must have liked him. Looks like he's got some of that Coach O crazy in him....

Pittman_Sam.jpg

Punter1

I think they’re just happy someone said yes.

I guess the offensive GA at Alabama wasn't interested?? I know they wanted to hire someone quick and shore up recruiting but this guy just seems way under qualified to HC an SEC team. He's been in bigtime college football since 1994 and has never even been a coordinator.

jack the frog

I watch a ton of college football and I’ve never heard of that guy. Not saying he’s no good.

Tongue in cheek reply to an extent. Those guy were pretty well all in on Kiffin or national top assistants. That said they are mixed on him over there. Not as much negativity as I might have guessed. They may be beaten down to some extent.

He is supposedly a top tier O Line coach and a great recruiter with limited experience otherwise and would be ‘coming home’ to Arky from Ga. so says the Bio.

Eight

uga has recruited out of their minds the past few seasons and he is highly regarded in recruiting offensive linemen and developing them.

he is in his mid 50's , coached there with the wisconsin whale for 3 years, he has coached at 11 different schools in 30+ years and never been more than a position coach with the assoc. hc tag attached.

jack the frog

uga has recruited out of their minds the past few seasons and he is highly regarded in recruiting offensive linemen and developing them.

he is in his mid 50's , coached there with the wisconsin whale for 3 years, he has coached at 11 different schools in 30+ years and never been more than a position coach with the assoc. hc tag attached.

Yah, 247 saying 58 years old. Fairly inexperienced for that age.

LVH

More likely it was LVH who asked the board who they would hire if GP was gone and then made fun of every name that was thrown out while totally ignoring my multiple requests for him to name who actually WAS a good option.

My point was that if we are going to get rid of GP at this point, it better be for a sure fire slam dunk no doubter upgrade. Because you don't just get rid of your most successful coach of all time after a couple of letdown seasons, especially where you were competitive and just couldn't get over the hump, unless you have a bulletproof backup plan.

So I was poking holes in the names listed, among which:

I think Norvell is a good offensive mind but I do not see him elevating Florida State back to their early 2010s level or near Clemson's level. Their defenses will suffer.

Drinkwitz isn't proven at all. He inherited a strong program and was there for one year. Heupel inherited a strong program last year and already has the program trending the wrong direction. Who is to say App State wouldn't have done the same.

Littrell's most recent season, lol. Looks like Graham Harrell was the brains of that operation

Pharm Frog

My point was that if we are going to get rid of GP at this point, it better be for a sure fire slam dunk no doubter upgrade. Because you don't just get rid of your most successful coach of all time after a couple of letdown seasons, especially where you were competitive and just couldn't get over the hump, unless you have a bulletproof backup plan.

So I was poking holes in the names listed, among which:

I think Norvell is a good offensive mind but I do not see him elevating Florida State back to their early 2010s level or near Clemson's level. Their defenses will suffer.

Drinkwitz isn't proven at all. He inherited a strong program and was there for one year. Heupel inherited a strong program last year and already has the program trending the wrong direction. Who is to say App State wouldn't have done the same.

Littrell's most recent season, lol. Looks like Graham Harrell was the brains of that operation

Spoken like someone who’s never hired anyone. Only way to ensure a “sure fire no doubter upgrade” is to wait until it can’t get any worse. I wonder...did anyone here or anywhere say that GP’s hiring was a “sure fire no doubter upgrade”? I strongly suspect that your list of “sure fire no doubter upgrade” has nobody on it

Mean Purple

Sure looks like GP won't be firing anybody. Likely be the same we saw this year. And since that crew has not fixed rcvr issues and has shown no improvement in play calling, that worries me.
If GP keeps them on, it will all be on him next year. Cumbie better get his head straight and produce.