• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football is in no rush to make staff changes, despite disappointing 5-7 season

Christcu

Fair point; optimist/pessimist maybe a better distinction. The gripers are those of us who feel like we're watching GP tragically walk his legacy toward a precipice he either hasn't spotted or doesn't know how to avoid. It's sickening. Some folks seem a lot more upbeat about the possibility of turnaround, and I sure hope they're right.
They are right......

Christcu

Fair point; optimist/pessimist maybe a better distinction. The gripers are those of us who feel like we're watching GP tragically walk his legacy toward a precipice he either hasn't spotted or doesn't know how to avoid. It's sickening. Some folks seem a lot more upbeat about the possibility of turnaround, and I sure hope they're right.

froginmn

Griping on the internet is certainly ok. I don't think Moose was objecting to that. What LawFrog is doing is just going from thread to thread saying essentially the exact same 2 or 3 things about 62 times per day. The constant repetition of the exact same bitching and moaning every day seems excessive.
Y'all need to learn to use the ignore feature on lawfrog. I have no idea what bitching you're referring to, and I'm better off.

And, imagine what it'd be like if we were Tech fans and there were no championships or CCGs between the bad years.

cctcu

Watching the CFP show today and was listening to the group talk about how LSU got its receivers on track after dropping passes left and right in 2018. Brought in a guy who had them doing all kinds of stuff to better catch the balls as well on how to focus on the pass coming their way. Also set out this past summer to have Burroughs throw 1,000s of passes to his receivers over the summer running every kind of route imaginable. Wonder if anyone on the TCU coaching staff saw this. (Mainly wondering if we can improve the overall passing game this coming year. It's desperately needed.)

LVH

Watching the CFP show today and was listening to the group talk about how LSU got its receivers on track after dropping passes left and right in 2018. Brought in a guy who had them doing all kinds of stuff to better catch the balls as well on how to focus on the pass coming their way. Also set out this past summer to have Burroughs throw 1,000s of passes to his receivers over the summer running every kind of route imaginable. Wonder if anyone on the TCU coaching staff saw this. (Mainly wondering if we can improve the overall passing game this coming year. It's desperately needed.)

Coaches aren't allowed to coach the players in the summer. It's all up to the players to do things like that.

Casey T

I read an article on the Athletic about that. Instantly thought about how badly we need to copy them regarding this

LawFrog504

lawfrog must be a fan of malcolm gladwell and gladwell's 10,000 hour rule which is simply a matter of practicing a specific task that can be accomplished with 20 hours a week for 10 years to achieve mastery of that task.

downside is he is still in the early stages of mastery, but the plus side is the ignore feature on this site.
This made me chuckle pretty good.

Hope I didn't offend anyone- just frustrating and this is a blatantly obvious that needs to be addressed. Hope y'all have a good evening

4th. down

Coaches aren't allowed to coach the players in the summer. It's all up to the players to do things like that.

Instructions and design was coming from somewhere. Maybe an offensive analyst upon instructions from Joe Brady. It's my understanding that we do a lot of 7 on 7 in the summer with no coaches but maybe an analyst. Brady is showing Cumbie the way, hope he takes it.

The longer this things drags out the more likely it is no changes are coming. TCU is really going to roll with this tired ass offense another year by retaining Sonny. Can’t imagine how anyone looks at the abortion that is the TCU offense and says this is fine, we are good, no changes needed.

Last edited:

Wexahu

LSU has shown how making a big change in offense to a defense centric team can work wonders.

The turnaround has been incredible. I guess time will tell if it’s the system or they just came upon an unbelievable QB/system match but that offense is deadly this year. Having a QB who is great at reading things, makes quick decisions and is accurate is college football nirvana. It makes everyone that is supposed to work, work.

Moose Stuff

The turnaround has been incredible. I guess time will tell if it’s the system or they just came upon an unbelievable QB/system match but that offense is deadly this year. Having a QB who is great at reading things, makes quick decisions and is accurate is college football nirvana. It makes everyone that is supposed to work, work.

Doesn’t hurt that he’s also got three NFL WR catching passes for him, an NFL RB in the backfield, a solid TE......

Moose Stuff

No it doesn’t, and I knew that was coming. But they’ve had NFL receivers and running backs on that roster forever. Im not sure they’ve ever had a guy that could make it all work like Burrow.

I wasn’t trying to diminish Burrow in any way. Just pointing out that when you have all those weapons it’s way easier for an OC to look good.

Froggish

No it doesn’t, and I knew that was coming. But they’ve had NFL receivers and running backs on that roster forever. Im not sure they’ve ever had a guy that could make it all work like Burrow.
Great QB, Great WRs, and a Great scheme...Seems like the perfect storm for them.

flyfishingfrog

Coach O didn’t really make a big change staff-wise - the only addition was adding Brady and he is not the OC

the rest of the offensive staff was there already - and the OC has been there about 9 years

what he showed is you can make a small but smart add and adjust play design strategy and calling duties - and get a big change