• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs USC @ Dickies Arena

Pharm Frog

Pretty odd to have your rim protector further away from the rim than any other defensive player on the critical “last possession”

Francis Xav

I genuinely think we will be alright. I like that as a wake up call/bar. USC is very very talented. We shot rather poorly but battled all the way. Seemed to have the bad end of the officiating tonight too. We will be fine. Expected 1-2 losses. Now we just must win out our non conference.

Dont fret. Still figuring this rotation out. Serious.

Francis Xav

I understand that. But a well coached player would know that his sole role in that situation would be to get back to the rim. It wasn’t like anyone in the country was surprised that he would miss that FT.
This stuff isnt that simple. Look around all over the country this year. Big 12 is weaker than all of you think IMHO. Heck, some top teams have had some ugly losses. There are 30+ games for a reason. I look forward to it. We got no help.

Pharm Frog

This stuff isnt that simple. Look around all over the country this year. Big 12 is weaker than all of you think IMHO. Heck, some top teams have had some ugly losses. There are 30+ games for a reason. I look forward to it. We got no help.

I’m not sure how much simpler it could be for a player to know his role. I mean its not like the coaching is passive and silent. I have no idea how weak or strong the Big 12 is and don’t care frankly. Made an observation about a single important play that I felt was very odd after a helluva comeback attempt.

RoyaltyWorePurple

I'm not sure who was under the basket on USC's last score, but the put back wouldn't have happened if whomever it was under there for the frogs boxed out.
Guy who tipped ran uninhibited from the three point line. Needed someone to go up for the rebound at best. Certainly not how USC drew it up either.

OK can someone explain the flop rules to me? USC flopped on defense and all that happened was our shot did not count AND we have to inbound?

Seems like a pretty good strategy to flop before shots on defense. Or do you actually get called for a foul too?

Pharm Frog

OK can someone explain the flop rules to me? USC flopped on defense and all that happened was our shot did not count AND we have to inbound?

Seems like a pretty good strategy to flop before shots on defense. Or do you actually get called for a foul too?

I cannot but the call that gave the ball back to USC for the last inbound play was not a called flop. We stepped on the line inbounding the ball.

Big Frog II

I'm proud of this team. They could have folded getting down by what nearly 20 early in the second half to come back and tie the game at the end. With so many new players, I knew it would take a while to find the right chemistry. We do have talent, and they play hard. Some of those balls and rebounds just did not bounce our way tonight. I still think we do OK in conference play.

Skip Jansen

I'm not sure who was under the basket on USC's last score, but the put back wouldn't have happened if whomever it was under there for the frogs boxed out.

That's not what happened. Racocevic was at the top of the circle when Anderson was driving down the lane. Samuel was guarding him and didn't get to him quick enough to block him out. Smith had Okongwu blocked out on the other side of the rim.