• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU basketball survives inconsistent offensive night in victory over Illinois State

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU basketball survives inconsistent offensive night in victory over Illinois State

By Drew Davison

Desmond Bane brushed off any concern about the early-season scoring droughts that have become a troubling trend for TCU’s basketball team.

TCU saw a 13-point lead disappear midway through the second half on Tuesday night, but then rallied and pulled away for an 81-69 victory over Illinois State at Schollmaier Arena.

The final score looks good, of course, but it doesn’t account for the inconsistencies on offense. The Horned Frogs opened the game with a 3 minute, 40 second scoring drought, and also went through a stretch of scoring just three points in a 4 minute, 51 second stretch when the 13-point lead was erased in the second half.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article237972269.html#storylink=cpy

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Those were my thoughts as I switched off the game last night, inconsistent offense, scoring drougths, poor shot selections, too many attempts from behind the arc, need more Bane.

But then I keep reminding myself this is a new team with guys still learning each other, chemistry, etc.

LeDee continues to become more more of a physical presence. What happened to Barlow? I wish we could be bigger and get inside more.

I also wonder how much better we would be if Kendric Davis was still here.

The emergence of Grayer is going to be a big key to our success to the rest of the season. If he can continue to give us 12-15 ppg, hit some threes, and get us steals and rebounds it will go a long way to having us competitive in B12 play. He is also hitting over 50% of his shots this year. Smith is still getting his footing like the rest of the freshmen, but it was good to see him drain a couple of first half 3s, even though he struggled the rest of the way.

USC is going to be a great early season test for us. Get to the game if you can.

Rose Bowl

They must have been watching a different game than me. Our defense was awful and the offense was much better than it had been. I just wish we would let Des and Jaire take our three pointers.

Realtorfrog

The other team shot some crazy percentage from 3pt, over 50%. Seemed like everything they threw at the basket went in.

The Frogs played a good game. Never lost their cool, played with confidence and poise.

Yeah they didn’t have much going except the three pointers which will definitely keep you in games! Thought we played better, getting more comfortable together. Still need a PG to step up scoring wise but our two best are really young. Rebounded really well last night.

Frog Baller

The other team shot some crazy percentage from 3pt, over 50%. Seemed like everything they threw at the basket went in.

The Frogs played a good game. Never lost their cool, played with confidence and poise.

All their 3's basically came from two players. They really only had those two players who could score. We need to get our defense locked down. Otherwise when we play a team that has some real depth at scoring we will be exposed.

Latest posts