• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football is in no rush to make staff changes, despite disappointing 5-7 season

Horny4TCU

Also.... Everyone needs to look at history. Has GMFP ever fired a coach, even when they deserved it? No.

Shultz - He let him find a home at Illinois.

Meach - Found a job at KU.

Salfrog

Tier 1
It will more than likely just be another GP shuffle. Shuffle the coaching staff around to different positions kind of like musical chairs. No real changes, but enough to make it look like he made a change. It's all an illusion.

well there you go - I so hope we act just like Jimbo and A&M did in their process...

I guess I should have prefaced my question by saying name the last non-POS for a human being...
I was going to tell you that Tom Herman took the Texas job about 24 hours after his season ended at Houston but now that you have listed that criteria, I'll have to think of someone else.

Well, honestly, I never played on the offensive side, only corner. That's why I would, and probably others also, if you would elaborate a little more specifically your experience as a former CO as to what our real problem is offensively.

It doesn't take an OC to tell you about 80% of our problems were the o-line. Go back and watch all the games you can stomach and watch them get destroyed in both run blocking and pass protection.

4th. down

It doesn't take an OC to tell you about 80% of our problems were the o-line. Go back and watch all the games you can stomach and watch them get destroyed in both run blocking and pass protection.

Even with all my effort for discipline, I cannot do that. Too much pain (and speaking of Pain, wonder what he would think of all this?). I can grind through most of it until I see the 3 man rush and we whiff one.

flyfishingfrog

I was going to tell you that Tom Herman took the Texas job about 24 hours after his season ended at Houston but now that you have listed that criteria, I'll have to think of someone else.
Well FIL has a good list of head coaches that have announced and even left before the last game - i guess I just haven’t seen that with someone coming in as a coordinator or other assistant coach as much

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

Well FIL has a good list of head coaches that have announced and even left before the last game - i guess I just haven’t seen that with someone coming in as a coordinator or other assistant coach as much

Yeah, can’t think of any examples of an assistant making a non-head coach move that quickly.

Eight

Yeah, can’t think of any examples of an assistant making a non-head coach move that quickly.

gene chizik in 2006 left the dc position at texas in november to take the iowa state head coaching job when dan mccartney was fired

chizik went to ames to interview during the week of a 45-42 loss to kansas state in manhattan

Last edited: