• The KillerFrogs

Looking forward to 2020 Cal Road Trip!

nwlafrog

giphy.gif

Paint It Purple

These dang OOC road games to places like Purdue and Cal are not helping a struggling program. Is it against the law for someone other than SMU and Northeast by Southeast Arkansas Technological Teachers College to come to Fort Worth?

westoverhillbilly

These dang OOC road games to places like Purdue and Cal are not helping a struggling program. Is it against the law for someone other than SMU and Northeast by Southeast Arkansas Technological Teachers College to come to Fort Worth?

Thanks to the Briles rule (because he would only schedule creampuffs), each Big 12 team now has to play a P5 non-conference game every year and as such, to host a game you have to go play that team away- no P5 program is so hard up for $ that they need bodybag games.. The only alternative is to play one and done's at neutral sites, and we haven't fared so well in those (LSU, Ohio State at Jerry World).. As I recall, there is some variation to this rule?

jake102

Thanks to the Briles rule (because he would only schedule creampuffs), each Big 12 team now has to play a P5 non-conference game every year and as such, to host a game you have to go play that team away- no P5 program is so hard up for $ that they need bodybag games.. The only alternative is to play one and done's at neutral sites, and we haven't fared so well in those (LSU, Ohio State at Jerry World).. As I recall, there is some variation to this rule?

Baylor played Rice, UTSA and SFA this year.

Paint It Purple

I did not make well my point. My point is: We are always on the frigging road. Cal may be coming to AGC at some point, but our schedules from a coaches/player POV just suck.

Paint It Purple

There are a lot of things to potentially complain about but this isn’t one of them. Future schedules are available for you to review and see why you are wrong here. But cool complaint.
So you are telling me if you’re a head coach, you prefer going on the road to Purdue and Cal in back to back years? You wouldn’t prefer Cal at home next year?