• The KillerFrogs

Chris Petersen out at Washington

Coming to be our new OC?
giphy.gif

ThisIsOurTime

Unless Peterson's home situation has changed, I am not sure he will be going down here. If memory serves a major reason he took the Washington job was because there was a special hospital and/or doctor there for his child. Perhaps that is also the reason for his resignation.

flyfishingfrog

Unless Peterson's home situation has changed, I am not sure he will be going down here. If memory serves a major reason he took the Washington job was because there was a special hospital and/or doctor there for his child. Perhaps that is also the reason for his resignation.
Said he was resigning to take time to recharge and spend with his family

he seems pretty genuine - just historically that has meant I am going to take a little time off and then go somewhere else

Frog-in-law1995

I think that situation has resolved or at least is under control. From his statement, sounds like he just wants a break.

ShreveFrog

They had Pac 12 champ and playoff aspirations. They went 7-5. He's taking an administrative role at UW (I guess until he lands a coaching gig.)

Last edited:

Big Frog II

WE have good medical facilities as well.

McGregor's Goat

I will be shocked if he's coaching anywhere next season. My understanding is that he is a Pacific Northwest guy with no interest in moving elsewhere. He spent some time as an assistant early in his career in Pittsburgh but I think he was happy to move back west. I don't think there is any coaching job that he would rate as more desirable than Washington.

I wouldn't be surprised if he takes some time off then gets back into coaching, in the same way I won't be surprised to see Bob Stoops coach again (whether or not it's the XFL for some college gig). When great coaches retire young, they tend to have a hard time fighting off the coaching bug. He just isn't coming here.

Surfrog

He's a PNW guy who moved there for family. He's taking a job in the athletic department next year to allow him some more time off and flexibility for personal reasons, very similar to what Sonny Dykes did.

He's not coming here. Furthermore, most head coaches will not go back to being a coordinator unless they were fired with no hope of landing somewhere else ala Kiffin and Bama. Even then, he was just waiting for an offer to come.